Sign in to follow this  

California Garmin SD or DVD's/CD's

Hey folks help me decide please whether to buy Topo and City nav software from Garmin for my new 60cx on SD cards or on CD's. I want to be able to load tracks/routes from other riders. Will either work okay? What's the benefit to one format over another? Thanks much.

Dont buy those, buy the Topo 24k dvd. You can save memory and add more maps to your existing memory card and still download other peoples data.

Actually City Nav is a must have for me. If you have an emergency you can use it to auto-route to the nearest medical, fuel, etc. Have used it several times to find a quick bailout when things went bad. After that the choice between Topo 24k or Topo 2008 is up to you. Definitely go for the DVD and not the SD card version. It's better to get a blank sd card and download your maps to that from Mapsource. That way you can load up both City Nav and Topo into your gps.

I'm still trying to figure mine out. I bought the cd and a larger sd card.

Hey folks help me decide please whether to buy Topo and City nav software from Garmin for my new 60cx on SD cards or on CD's. I want to be able to load tracks/routes from other riders. Will either work okay? What's the benefit to one format over another? Thanks much.

Always buy CD and install on PC (so you can use to edit things) then download what part you want into 60Cx with at least a 2 gig SD blank card.

You need any form of Mapsource in PC edit and to talk to your 60Cx.

Always buy CD and install on PC (so you can use to edit things) then download what part you want into 60Cx with at least a 2 gig SD blank card.

You need any form of Mapsource in PC edit and to talk to your 60Cx.

Ditto what Countdown said. That works well by giving you the most flexibility and memory needed. And mapsource will come on the disk.