Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400S Stainless Brake Line w/ Sub Mount and Hi-Rise - Moose too short

I ordered the front Moose Stainless Steel brake line from Moose Racing for my 2007 DRZ 400 S. Part 1741-0991. Trouble is, I have a sub mount Scotts damper and hi rise bars, so the line is about 3 inches too short. Note - the stock line works, as it is about 2.5 inches longer than the Moose.

The web site for Moose was down, so after some hunting I got a number and called them. Terrible customer support - the guy was rude and didn't even think about helping.

Can anyone recommend a brake line that is longer than the Moose racing line and will fit the DRZ? Maybe from another brand / model of bike? Should be roughly 57.5 inches long.

Thanks

My Galfer line is the exact same length as stock. On a bike with stock sized brakes its perfect. On a bike with a big brake kit that relocates the caliper it works but I'd prefer it to be an inch or two longer.

Looks like a custom line is the answer - any thoughts on who is best? Speigler, Galfer??

If your new line is shorter than the oem , most likely - you got the wrong one..

I usually fit braided lines to my sportsbikes , and they are allways same lenght as the oem.

I've used goodridge and hel , both very good products ,and both perfect fit.

Looks like a custom line is the answer - any thoughts on who is best? Speigler, Galfer??

I've never heard about a failure with any of them so take your pick. But if I were buying new I'd go with these guys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HEL-Suzuki-DRZ-400-braided-brake-lines-hose-DRZ400-E-S_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cec964576QQitemZ330386785654QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

They use quality components and they can make you a line longer than stock.

• Like 1

ohh ps.... think the line for the s-model and the sm is different ??

Not sure about the S and SM lines - but I definately have the correct part, and it is without question shorter than OEM - by 2 inches. I ordered a set of custom lines from Galfer - front is 3.5 inches over to accomodate my sub mount, and the rear is stock length. Got them from Cyclebrakes.com for $94.00. I ordered them in the morning, and they shipped that afternoon. Thanks for all the help.

they are the wrong line, this has been happening since before i had a drz so almost 3 years, they are an inch or two short, the are mis packaged! go through TT and they will set you up as i'm sure they've figured it out by now... On another note i never returned my line and even though its a little short it does not impede on the travel of my front forks, i actually like that i can see my speedo easier because its not blocked anymore, the only problem will be going to tall handle bars...