Sign in to follow this  

gasket problems

i have a xr 250l 2005 model and had all the things needed to put a 270 big bore kit i cant get the right gasket for the l model and i need help what can i do to solve the problem it is the one that sits on top of the bore no one in australia can help me need to solve or the bike gets binned spent to much time and cash to stop now please help cant use silicone gasket maker on it because it has littlle passage ways on the head they cant be blocket all the people over here dont know about this model even the shop i got it from did not know of it frasers is the place i got it from :moon:

What you need to do is contact athena and see if they make a gasket for your bike and big bore kit.

Ring up Action motorcycles in Parramatta. They are a honda dealer, they will be able to help you out. the XR250L model is an aussie model, not sure what frasers were talking about when they said they couldnt find it.

wiseco or cometic has a big bore gasket set

What he said, you sure that no dealers can order this stuff?

found out that mine is a special import and they dont have \the gaskets any where in australia and honda does not make the gaskets it was a one off model only made in japan one year run on this model it has so many holes in the whole head vfor all the things that can be put through it it was a big mistake that i got the xr it wasent meant to come over here it was a big mix up iam so lucky to have it honda cant get it back i have the law on my side on this one thats why i cant get parts for it its going in full restore mode and it is fully worked so it is so special to me to have the bike god was smileling on me that day i can swape for a new r1 if i want its a special engine in it keep safe and ride or die its the only way to go:banana::cheers::smirk::moon::smirk: