Sign in to follow this  

is this the right bike?

im 14 5' 3'' and weigh 120 pounds with out gear on. all i do is trail ride. ive never been on a proper mx track. i was leaning towards a 2 stroke for my next bike. im getting off of a ttr90. i beat that up to no end. ive been looking on craigslist for a bike. i have found a 1999 ktm 125 exc. i was wondering how good of a trail bike that would be or if it would even fit me. also in the near future i would maybe like to race or just get on a real mx track. but i might not even do that. what would that bike be worth to you if it was in good condition?

thanks in advanced

That sounds like good advise; KX100. The 125's are tall. On a MX track it isn't too much of a problem but in the woods it can be.

the thing with the kx100 is i dont want to go through it really quick. if i was to get the 125, i would lower the sag and the triple trees to a more comfortable height. then as i get bigger i was going to set the bike to my height. i thought the 125exc was a good trail bike is different from the sx

but is the exc a good choice for me i no the sx is for the track but is there a way to make it a better woods bike or is it good enough to run stock in the woods

The KX is too small...my 10 year old just went from a ttr110 to a ttr125LE...check those out we got ours on CL for $1,000 in great shape

but is the exc a good choice for me i no the sx is for the track but is there a way to make it a better woods bike or is it good enough to run stock in the woods

My son raced a 125sx in the woods and did really good. How good is a 125exc???? VERY GOOD but remember no bike will ever be any better than it rider....