Sign in to follow this  

Under $200 Boots

I am wanting to get some new boots, I had THOR quadrants and hated how big the toe box was. I was wondering which boots are the best for under 200. The ones I' ve been thinking of are the A-Star Tech 3s, Gaerne GX-1, and Fox Comp 5. Which one of these are the best value for the price. Or are there others you guys recommend?

I have been using the Fox Comp 5 boot for about 18 months now and have been very pleased. For the money I think that the fit and quality is great. They are holding up very well. My only complaint is that they take water in very easily. Mild creek crossings leave me with soaked feet.

I don't have first hand experience with the other two that you mentioned.

I used to wear SIDI's and they are expensive. I wanted a less expensive boot and I tried on just about every boot from $500 -$200. I found that Fox F3's are awesome for the price, about $200. I have had them for approx. 8 months and I am very pleased. I ride strickly motocross and these boots definitely do the trick.

I have had the Tech 3's for 2 years, I am waiting for my new boots to come in this Fri. I am replacing the Tech's because I hate wet feet. When they were new they kept my feet fairly dry, but the last few rides my feet have gotten soaked. I ordeered Gaerne Sg10's got them on a super deal on clearance...$279 for $450 boots.

I think you will be happy with the A'stars. Just as a reference In that 2 yrs I was injured a totoal of 4 months (no riding) and 1 month bike broken, and probably 2-3 months of trail closure...total of 110 hrs and 1520 miles of riding.

Well, that's most unfortunate. I guess that's why they were on sale earlier this year for $199, looked like a hell of a deal for that price.

I think the Atomicmx must be a clearing house, when I googled the Forza boots a review came up that quoted the MSRP as $549ish, so yeah if the guy got $500+ boots for $199 he prolly would be pretty pleased.

To the OP look at as many sites as you can find for clearance stuff...you might get lucky.

i've been wearing the same pair of tech 3s for over 2 years with a ton of riding and racing on them they hold up really well. Best boot for the money

I just picked up a pair of THOR quadrants late summer (used e-bay-like new), maybe they are yours? I been wondering about these boots. I have not raced in yrs though. I am size 11 and they feel like to much boot. Cannot feel the shifter, or break very well. Being I have not riden in many yrs figured it was me not used to mx boots. to me they feel like 2x4s on my feet.

I am wanting to get some new boots, I had THOR quadrants and hated how big the toe box was. QUOTE]

Go for the Gaerne GX-1

Thank me later :cheers:

The Gaerne GX-1 boots that I purchased a while back for under USD $200 are what I ride in now instead of my almost brand new Alpinestars Tech 10 boots which cost a little more than twice that much. I like the fact that the GX-1 boots are lighter, have a much nicer buckle system, and don't require an inner bootie. The GX-1 boots remind me of a lighter version of the Alpinestars Tech 8 boots without an inner bootie and with an easier to use buckle system. For the money I couldn't possibly be any more satisfied than I am with the Gaerne GX-1 boots. :moon:👍

Ive had A Star Tech 8s , Fox Comp 5s , and now I ride with Gaerne SG10 and they are a far better boot than the other 2. I would recomend anything they offer over Comp 5s they suck I gave them away.

Ive had A Star Tech 8s , Fox Comp 5s , and now I ride with Gaerne SG10 and they are a far better boot than the other 2. I would recomend anything they offer over Comp 5s they suck I gave them away.

not sure what was wrong with yours but mine are spectacular. good fit and they felt like they were already broke in when i got them new. im lovin my Fox Comp5s