Sign in to follow this  

2001 KTM 400MXC and 400SX forks

I have a 2001 KTM 400MXC and I have started to ride MX. The forks bottom out over some jumps. I don't really have the money to get them worked on. I have found some forks off of a 400SX on ebay and was wondering if anyone knew if the the forks have different springs or valved more for MX racing.

they are completely different.the 01 mxc has 43m forks and the 02sx has 48m forks.and yes different valving.do more research and you can get them to work.

they are completely different.the 01 mxc has 43m forks and the 02sx has 48m forks.and yes different valving.do more research and you can get them to work.

they are both 2001

I have a 2001 KTM 400MXC and I have started to ride MX. The forks bottom out over some jumps. I don't really have the money to get them worked on. I have found some forks off of a 400SX on ebay and was wondering if anyone knew if the the forks have different springs or valved more for MX racing.

Have you tried increasing oil height? And compression damping? And looked at altering the pre-load on the springs (done with spacers)? Or stiffer springs?

Have you tried increasing oil height? And compression damping? And looked at altering the pre-load on the springs (done with spacers)? Or stiffer springs?

I did look at stiffer springs but I was able to win the forks for just a few dollars more than the springs would cost so I got a good deal. Now I have a set for trails and a set for the track.

the valving will be the main difference.