Sign in to follow this  

Fuel Injection questions, ask away.

why do the fuel pumps cost more than a carburator

They don't unless you are looking in the wrong place or comparing apples to oranges.

I sure would like to see a mechanical fuel pump instead of electric-in-the-tank

It would cut the power requirements way down, maybe dropping the need for a battery or capacitor.

I sure would like to see a mechanical fuel pump instead of electric-in-the-tank

It would cut the power requirements way down, maybe dropping the need for a battery or capacitor.

I can build you one. Do you want to drive it off the cam or the crank?

what kind of injector and what are the specs of the injector for a Suzuki LTR 450 quad. I'm thinking of using this TB on a 2003 DR650 fuel injection project.

In fact I would like to use most of the hard parts off this FI system and a microsquirt to run it.

hey mate

If i were to by everything how hard is it to perfrom the mod.I am pretty mechanial minding etc.

Would you please be able to post up a how to thread when you do a bike

cheers mate

what kind of injector and what are the specs of the injector for a Suzuki LTR 450 quad. I'm thinking of using this TB on a 2003 DR650 fuel injection project.

In fact I would like to use most of the hard parts off this FI system and a microsquirt to run it.

It should adapt quite well. Although, for the cost, you could go buy another motorcycle. Ebay parts are very cheap. Here is a throttle body with injector, fuel rail, regulator, and throttle position sensor. All for $40.00. Worked very well.

ThrottleBody2.jpg

Edited by Captain Midnight

It's to prevent fuel starvation from slosh. They are often necessary when fuel injecting classic cars because most don't have tanks with baffles around the pickup. It's even more necessary with a "dead head" fuel system(no fuel return).

Here are some GM sensors. One enclosed, one open.

sensors.jpg

For anyone unfamiliar, I will add that the open element sensor is for intake air temperature(IAT) and the brass one is for either IAT or engine coolant temp(ECT), but the response is pretty slow when using it for air. It also tends to heat soak much worse.