Sign in to follow this  

Quick, Need Rear Spring advice.....!!

So I have a 03 s version, really a KLX SR, and would definately like a stiffer spring in the rear. Use the bike as my single track trail rider, but will likely do some overnight camping off of 'er. So I need some advice on where to look for a stronger rear spring.... Alll Advice welcome!! Dont want to go overboard, but would like to ba able to carry my 220 wo gear plus maybe 50lbs of camping attire, so whos got the strongest spring out there? :moon:

Thanks in advance!!

Phil

Call John Curea, he has a great range of springs and will give you th eright advice and the best prices.

He did both ends of mine ( I would recommend this or you will have a lot of front end dive with just you or you and that gear - it would get downright dangerous)

He did a great job on my drz respring revalve and new oil, he even turned the shock cap down so the spring would seat correctly. He can ship you parts or you can ship your stuff to him and he will rework it for you. He does all the big guys on the East Coast and does us little guys for the best prices. (724) 336-3293 leave a message if he is not available.

Im in Littleton, is there someone in the area that has something in stock, that would be great as I can do 95% of the work on my bikes myself..

Would like to do the full suspension, but not sure if the time I spend on the bike would justify the money.

Yeah, might do the fronts at the same time, any recommendations on oil weights on the stock valving?

Phil

Phil, I see that you are kinda new to the forum.............our resident Guru is in your backyard, literally! You need to contact Eddie Sisneros at OTD CycleSports on East Colfax. Shop # 303-399-5447. You can talk to Eddie, Jonathan, or any of the fellas there. Quality work, very reasonable prices, and more DRZ/KLX knowledge than Mr. Suzuki himself!