Sign in to follow this  

140/80-18 will it fit on dr 350?

Someone else can tell you for sure, but I think it will be too big. Last night I bought a 1990 DR350S and from what I can remember the rear tire said 5.1 18. I think it is a 130 and it is so close to rubbing I know nothing larger will fit. My DR650 only allows up to 130 and I think the DR350 is the same. I am glad that the rear whell on the 350 is an 18... Much better tire selection.

Someone else can tell you for sure, but I think it will be too big. Last night I bought a 1990 DR350S and from what I can remember the rear tire said 5.1 18. I think it is a 130 and it is so close to rubbing I know nothing larger will fit.

iagree.gif

I'm almost positive that a 140 will be too wide, possible too wide for the factory rim as well.

I know a 130/90 will fit but I think that's about as wide as you would want to go.

5.10x18 is very close to a 120/

5.30 is very close to a 130/

5.60 would be about a 140/

I doubt you'll see any performance advantage with the 140 (most likely the opposite) even if it did fit properly.

The 5.10x18 or 120/90 or 120/80 is probably the most popular/efficient size for the DR350

Good luck! :moon:

it will fit--i ran a dr 350 s/arm on my dr650 for awhile (just for tire clearance) had a 150/80 tera flex on it (18" rim)

it will fit--i ran a dr 350 s/arm on my dr650 for awhile (just for tire clearance) had a 150/80 tera flex on it (18" rim)
Did you run a DR350 rim?

From what I've read... it's not the DR350 swing arm .....It's the DR350 rim width issue

The stock DR rim will most likely will squash the tread pattern causing problems on a 140-150 with a stock DR350 rim.

get your tire irons out & change it

....then mount it up and take some pics to post up

so we all can see:ride:

no seriously.....sometimes it just depends on the tire

as not all tires sized with the same numbers fit the same rim

exactly the same or even measure the same height & width

after mounted on the bike

the numbers are suposed to standardize tire sizes, and it does help

BUT

like I said....there still are differences

but they say---DIFFERENT IS GOOD, right????:moon:

I run a 130 dunlop 606 with no issues what so ever. not even close to rubbing. I wouldn't think a 140 would be an issue, but i've never tried either.