what was your first bike to ever own and to learn how to ride on??

When I was 13 dirt bikes were a huge interest to me. I could only dream about owning a liquid cooled honda at the time, and read many magazines and looked at all kinds of gear to plot out what I would wear and buy.

However, my parents were far from rich, and my dad for my 13th birthday bought me a 1981 yammaha 90cc dirt bike for 100$. It had a two stroke oil reservoir and mixed it into the gas automatically, had full lights, spedometer and tach, etc.

It was ugly as hell, and in 1995 was very very much dated in terms of off road technology. The carb was plugged up something bad cause the only way to get it rev was to slowly turn the throttle, and I mean SLOWLY.

I didn't have the luxury of a trail, or a track, I had only my buddies back alley behind his house, a small ramp, and alot of good times.

I learned clutch on that bike, gear changing, handeling, everything a beginner needed to know. I learned it on my own as my dad just showed me how to shift and use the clutch and I just figured the rest out by myself.

Fun times for sure, going over that piece of particle board and a rock for a jump down the alley, and I never ever had a nieghbor complain about the noise :moon:

I miss that bike... I sold it for 100$ a few years later, don't even remember what I used the money for... SHOULD HAVE KEPT IT!~!!!

on my 8th birthday dad fetched me from school and on the way home he took a different route being a kid you don't ask questions

until going around the corner saw a big suzuki dealer and out front was a little bike with my name written all over it.

was a DS80 probably one of the most beautiful things ive ever seen that bike taught me allot wasn't really made for big motocross jumps but hell i did it anyway got too big for it at about 11 sold it to buy bigger just didn't get round to it

and then for my 21st birthday the wife bought me a rmz 450

and not riding a bike for 10 years the thing scared the sh** out of me anyway really good on it now

Suzuki all the way

I rode honda four wheelers, 200s to be exact from about 6 til I was 11. Then My parents bought me a used late 80's YZ80.:moon: I knew from that point on that I was hooked onto dirt bikes. I eventually bought myself a 95 CR80, and then a 1996 RM125, which is still my favorite bike to this day. I now own a 2007 WR250F. Four strokes are nowhere near as fun as two strokes but a 4 stroke keeps me outa trouble.:cheers:

I never had a bike of my own growing up but my best bud had 2 TTR230's which was a few years ago, he taught me how to ride and we would spend weekends riding, best days of my life, now i have an '05 CR250R which is my first bike and still learning everytime i ride

i think it was a honda or yamaha big wheel 70 or 80 cc bike, it was old as hell and my dad got it for me to learn on

i can't even remember if there was a clutch but i do remember u had to shift it :moon:

i also rmeember trying to be cool like my brothers at our crappy mx track, and after the first jump my butt broke the seat off loool and im sure the suspension was maxed off that 4 foot jump

i think the thing only went 40km/h or so maybe more maybe less, it was a great learner bike

first bike I rode was an Italjet something or other 50 at a country show back in 76 or so. Really wanted a bike after than, but my parents weren't interested (horsey family - it was either horses or nothing whether I liked it or not, and that's where every penny was - and still is - being spent). So no motorbikes for years and years. Eventually got a Cagiva W8 and used it for commuting and trail riding - such an easy and relaxing bike to ride - loved it. That was my first bike I ever owned and I was over 30 yrs old! Sold it couple of years later to a nice bloke who used it to teach his 13 yr old son.