Sign in to follow this  

07 header and pipe on an 06 525 exc?

Hi all

Just a quick question

Is there any difference between the 06 and the 07 regarding exhaust mounting and header design?

Were there any differences on the 07 head?

I have an 06 525 and have seen a pipe and muffler on ebay from a 07.

Cheers

the pipe is the same, the muffler will work, but is VERY restricted inside compared to the 06. I got an 06 muffler like new on KTMTALK for $100 delivered about 4 months ago. In average cond they go for less.

I bought a Big Gun system off Ebay a couple months back for a 2007 EXC 450 and it fit on my 2006 EXC 450 good the only tweak I had to make was the part where the pipe is duals was to close to slide on the head by maybe 1/8" so I drove a wooden wedge that spread it just enough.

P.S. This system was a 3 piece design as apposed to the stock 2 piece. Made things alot easier:thumbsup:

they are the same. if you look at ay aftermarket sytem like at parts unlimited or tucker rocky in the TT parts store you will see it spans those years for all brands of exhaust. i prefer the fmf q4 but that is not cheap. let us know about this higashi thing, price, quality, volumn, etc.

I have done some research on the higashis and their made in gualdi Italy. Strangly they have a jap style character as the logo.

All reports say they are good build quaity but are a bit loud.

I also read somewhere they were previously the Ktm hard part supplier prior to the current one.

The system is a three piece design.

Fingers crossed I'll pick it up cheap and I'll post up my findings.

Ciao

I think someone got a batch of those Higashis. There have been some unused ones on Aus Ebay too. I'll look forward to your report.

:moon::ride: