Sign in to follow this  

00' CR 250 jetting question/keihin

im taking my cr 250 keihin carb apart to change the jetting and dont know how to get the pilot circuit, and other jets out of the carb. i took the carb apart down to the point where i got the main jet unscrewed but dont know how to get the pilot jet (slow jet) or anything else out so i can get new ones based on the size they are. Can anyone give me some advise and some pictures would be awesome.

Thanks

If it is just a pj or pwk, the pilot jet should just unscrew with a flathead screwdriver. The pilot jet has a slot in it where you insert the screwdriver.

First, you want to remove the plastic piece that should clip to either the mainjet or the area around it. Then you remove the mainjet. After that, you want to remove the float pin (take a precision screwdriver or something that has a small diameter and press it out, it should just slide out of the holder). Next you want to remove the float and the float needle should come out as one unit (make sure to examine the tip the float valve for any wear in the form of rings). After all this is done, you should see a recessed area and the pilot jet will be sitting in this recess, take your screwdriver and unscrew it......and it is out!