Sign in to follow this  

cost of rec rego?

how much will it cost to rc rego a 250 eg.(rmz,yzf,kxf) 250, parts + the rego

cheers

you'd be better off heading to www.dirtbikeworld.net to ask that, but since i'm hear, assuming the bikes stock, you'll need a working headlight and tail light, a horn of some sort (can be one of the squeezy ones), to mount the number plate clearly on the back of the bike and i think a side stand is reqiured as well.

most dealers will install a rec rego kit for about $800 plus another $400 or so to go through all of vicroads crap, it's usually only around $60 a year to renew the rego though, much cheaper if you install everything yourself.

keep in mind if you want the headlight to actually be usefull, you'll need to upgrade the stator on almost any mx bike, but if you jsut want rego to pass the test, the headlight and tail light only have to run off of a battery, doesnt evan need to charge off of the stator.

i bought a new rmz450 and the dealer did all the recreg shit for $750.

i asked him not to mount the tail and headlight cause its coming straight off. He replies "we dont do any of that dodgy stuff here mate, the lights have to be working". Any way he wont let me take the bike and he cant get the job done for nearly a week and when i go to pick the bike up nothing is wired up, only mounted....(which would have taken all of 5minutes) He then wants me to bring the bike back a week later so he can wire it up... What a Wanker, wont be going back to that shop

i bought a new rmz450 and the dealer did all the recreg shit for $750.

i asked him not to mount the tail and headlight cause its coming straight off. He replies "we dont do any of that dodgy stuff here mate, the lights have to be working". Any way he wont let me take the bike and he cant get the job done for nearly a week and when i go to pick the bike up nothing is wired up, only mounted....(which would have taken all of 5minutes) He then wants me to bring the bike back a week later so he can wire it up... What a Wanker, wont be going back to that shop

You sound like the kind of guy that gives riders like me a bad name:banghead:

You sound like the kind of guy that gives riders like me a bad name:banghead:

why so.?????????????

because i bought a mx bike and use it in the bush sometimes..????????

you'd be better off heading to www.dirtbikeworld.net to ask that, but since i'm hear, assuming the bikes stock, you'll need a working headlight and tail light, a horn of some sort (can be one of the squeezy ones), to mount the number plate clearly on the back of the bike and i think a side stand is reqiured as well.

most dealers will install a rec rego kit for about $800 plus another $400 or so to go through all of vicroads crap, it's usually only around $60 a year to renew the rego though, much cheaper if you install everything yourself.

keep in mind if you want the headlight to actually be usefull, you'll need to upgrade the stator on almost any mx bike, but if you jsut want rego to pass the test, the headlight and tail light only have to run off of a battery, doesnt evan need to charge off of the stator.

I have had 3 YZ250F's and always had rec rego and never had a light that works. It clearly states in the Vicroads site that the lights HAVE to be fitted but never says that they HAVE to work. I threw the lights on, put a horn that you squeeze, like a clown horn, a rear view mirror and got rego.

Anyhow, the rego cost about 200 bucks maybe a touch more with the transfer fees, plates and other crap they charge.

And dont have a stand either!

But I seriously have never been asked to show them working, and the cops that pull us all over in the bush never ask either! Hooray!