Sign in to follow this  

09 engine mods

i pick up an 09 next week, being an ex pro bike it's got a few goodies in it, as far as i know the bike will be running a CP high comp piston, akropvich full system, ported head and blue printed cams (stock cams set to exactly OEM specs), what sort of power delivery am i looking at with this?

moreover what would be some recomended mods to improve the delivery?

sounds like everything is done for you, 13/49 gearing should be good.

It really depends on how the porting was done. That bike can be turned into a bottom end torque monster or a top end screamer depending on the port work.

:moon::lol:you havnt even ridden it yet.......when you can outride the bike as it is then worry about it.....

:cheers::lol:you havnt even ridden it yet.......when you can outride the bike as it is then worry about it.....

old fellas need not apply :moon:

the bike was used for supercross, and from what i've been told from the guy who's ported it we're looking at low-mid gains mostly, i'm planning on riding a lot of natural terain mx tracks, so i'm after more in the top end then anything, hence the questions.

Cam profile more than anything effects low end.

If the porting is "good" it will help you everywhere....

Ride it, then evaluate and go from there.

See if they can give you stock cams back as well...on that bike they are tough to beat.

old fellas need not apply :moon:

To be old and wise :prof:you must first be young and stupid!:cheers:

your 18 and just found out what your penis is for........in 10yrs you'll figure out what a dirt bike is for:ride:

your 18 and just found out what your penis is for........in 10yrs you'll figure out what a dirt bike is for:ride:

LOL:smirk:

right now old man, i'd wadger a year's wage that you get more tail then i do, but that i ride five times as much as you :moon:

the cam's are stock, but have been blue printed, in other words put back to exactly factory specs, from the factory the sprocket on the intake cam was pressed on two degree's advanced of where it should have been, and the exhaust cam 1 degree advanced.

Well sonny. I'm willing to bet that your 5 times riding amount on firelanes is only half as strenuous as us old guys pound out lap after lap on the track.

right now old man, i'd wadger a year's wage that you get more tail then i do, but that i ride five times as much as you :moon:

the cam's are stock, but have been blue printed, in other words put back to exactly factory specs, from the factory the sprocket on the intake cam was pressed on two degree's advanced of where it should have been, and the exhaust cam 1 degree advanced.

you are completely missing the point.......its not the amount of anything that counts.....

haha well ya can say whatever ya like, doesn't bother me mate, i ride for fun not for my ego :moon:

haha well ya can say whatever ya like, doesn't bother me mate, i ride for fun not for my ego :moon:
you bought that ex-race bike for your ego mate..........if your ego wasnt involved you would be on a stock bike......nice try:lol:.............1 thing that comes with age is wisdom

you bought that ex-race bike for your ego mate..........if your ego wasnt involved you would be on a stock bike......nice try:lol:.............1 thing that comes with age is wisdom

i bought an ex race bike because i got it for 3.5k cheaper then i could get a new '10 and it's got 6.8 hours on the hour meter, i have money left over for suspension, and setting the engine up how i want it:thumbsup:.

yeah, and you could have got a low hour vet bike for cheaper w/o spending money to " fix the motor " on the race bike, ...and had more coin for susp.....so your logic is out the window for getting a deal..only 1 reason average riders buy those bikes.......we can keep playing this game if you like

i paid 7k AUS for my bike, the going price for an 09 KX250F in australia is around 7.5-9k depending on condition and hours, and a new 10' is 10.5, my math's say's i'd be struggling to find a bike in decent condition for 7k.

"oh but it's impossible to find an X racebike for that price" i see as your rebutle, well it help's when the guy that's sponsered the bloke that rode it, supplied the bike and did all the mechanic work on the bike is a family friend, sure i probably coulda got a stock bike for the same sort of money, but chances are it would have more hours on it, wouldn't have been taken care of nearly as well and i'd still have to get the suspension done, i don't have to do anything to the engine either but with the money i've saved not getting a new bike i might as well.

but all that said stock kawi's are mostly in the low/md for the power anyway, so as a guess i'd still be looking for a little more in the over rev judging from the stock 09 kawi i've ridden, whole point of the thread was to see what my options were if i were to go that way so i can reasearch everything well in advance.

anyway your point of arguing about my reason for buying the bike is? just to teach us whipper snappa's a leason by being a big man on the internet? good on ya, feeding ya ego still i see:ride:

teach you a lesson.........nah, you will teach yourself through experience, just pretty hard to fool someone who was you .............20+ years ago.....i have had a few of those bikes myself and a few of the same reasons

Umm egos aside. I agree with dunn it's hard to fool some one who has allready been there dune that.

Now. The reason no one wants to awnser your questions is because there is no awnser.

Untill you ride the bike and ask how to acheive what you want with what you got. It's futile.

Get the bike put some laps Down. Get susp setup for you. Then come back and ask us how to achieve something with what you have.