Sign in to follow this  

2007 DR650 Newbee

Hello all, just got my new wheel yesterday, its bone stock exept the rack and skid plate. I was looking at the Pro Circuit silencer for this, and was looking for some feed back on it. Also it needs a new back tire, the original is shot. I live in PA. and really don't care for the stock type tire, it doesn't look like it will hook up very well off road, any input on this also would get me started on my winter project, thanks

:moon::thumbsup:A good off rd tire that is dot leagle is dunlop 606:thumbsup:,i run them ft & rear,lots of choices jus do some research,how much off rd?how much on rd?lots of varables.kendas are a good 50/50 tire on the cheap,i also have run them also.:ride:let your fingers do the walking through the thumpertalk store,also catalogs,etc..hope that helps ya,happy holidays....

Hello all, just got my new wheel yesterday, its bone stock exept the rack and skid plate. I was looking at the Pro Circuit silencer for this, and was looking for some feed back on it. Also it needs a new back tire, the original is shot. I live in PA. and really don't care for the stock type tire, it doesn't look like it will hook up very well off road, any input on this also would get me started on my winter project, thanks

The Kenda K270 works well for me. Better offroad than the stocker, but still good wear on the road.

Hello all, just got my new wheel yesterday, its bone stock exept the rack and skid plate. I was looking at the Pro Circuit silencer for this, and was looking for some feed back on it.

I have no feedback for you regarding the Pro Circuit pipe, but check out this thread for throwing on a GSX-R1000 pipe. Benefits include light weight (something like 5 lbs compared to the stock 15-ish lbs), better performance than aftermarket pipes - as proven on a dyno, throatier/deeper tone than stock but not as loud as aftermarket pipes, no repacking like aftermarket pipes, and retains a stock appearance. Go here for the parts and pieces necessary to mount it up (minus the pipe itself - that you will have to score on craig's list or ebay).

Have fun modding and riding your DR - it'll prove to be one of the most versatile, reliable, and fun bikes you can own.