Sign in to follow this  

Damaged Clarke Tank

I have a chance to get a 3.4 tank that is cracked right at the bottom of the cap threads. ?? Is can this be repaired?? Is the tank anygood compared to the others avalible??? Guy says he fixed it for now that it is not leaking but not sure on how he did so. Hes asking 25 bucks for it but I dont want to buy it if its not worth it. Thanks for any replies

I say ask him to give you the tank for free, it's not worth anything cracked. Save your cash and by a new one.

I have the Clark tank. It's OK but the IMS is cleaner, doesn't stick up around the cap like the Clark which can be a nut buster. But I've heard stories about the IMS tanks leaking, my Clark has been just fine.

I say ask him to give you the tank for free, it's not worth anything cracked. Save your cash and by a new one.

Well I thought if I could use the plastic weld system it would be worth it and save me 175 bucks not sure what your pockets look like but Its X-Mas here and i have 2 kids waiting on Santa to arrive so 200 bones is not really something I have at this time was looking for usefull answers as I know others have fixed theres!!!

Well I thought if I could use the plastic weld system it would be worth it and save me 175 bucks not sure what your pockets look like but Its X-Mas here and i have 2 kids waiting on Santa to arrive so 200 bones is not really something I have at this time was looking for usefull answers as I know others have fixed theres!!!

You can get a plastic welder for about $50 which it the best way to fix it or you could try a Permatex Plastic Tank Repair Kit. This is more a patch style repair.:moon:

Here's what I was thinking about:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=41592

The plastic welding rod is inexpensive also.

Thanks Cubera but after having the guy email some pics I see why its cracked. must have been a good crash as the side of the tank has a dent about the size of a golf ball or bigger and looks beat to hell think I will pass and try to get an IMS before we start riding again up here a little chilly out now and soon the white stuff will take over. I was thinking the same thing though for the repair saw that at Harbor Freight also

Not a good idea to try and fix a tank that badly damaged. Look around and you'll find one I'm pretty sure. If I come across one I'll shoot you a PM. You wouldn't mind a Clark tank in good condition would you?