Sign in to follow this  

Can a 250f pull an 8-paddle?

Okay so I have an 05 crf250 and it's got a full yoshimura pipe on it and that about all the engine mods. It has a 52 tooth rear but I just bought a 49 for it. I was able to pick up an 8-paddle for free and I was wondering if my bike could pull it without ruining the motor at all? My buddy says to run a 6 because it's going to put too much strain on my motor. I'm new to sand riding so I don't know. Any advice? Thanks

I would think it would be ok but it all depends on your riding style. paddles in my experience tend to spin alot no matter how many paddles you have. i have ran an 8 paddle on a kx 125 for like 4 years now. the wife rides it in the sand a few times a year mabe 3-4 weekends wen the weather at the mx tracks is crappy. It has allway performed well and has no tranny issues and never lost a motor yet.

Make sure you run filter skins and i would get seal savers& a rear shock cover to. you will probubly have to remove the mud guars under your air box, so make sure you protect your shock with a cover. jetting is crutial ass you will be running your bike W.O.T. all day make sure everything is in speck. valves cam tension ect. and no lean running motor. Other than that you should have fun other than yo will wish you had a 450 becouse you will realy be running the crap out of the 250 trying to go faster.

Sure it will. Here is a vid of my son going up $100 Hill at the Cinders in Flagstaff, AZ......bike had a hi-comp piston and hot cam in it.

no.

If you weight more then 100lbs and plan on riding in real sand. I would never put an 8 paddle on a 250f.

even with a few engine mods. it is to hard on the bike, to hard on the engine, and you have forgotten the same 5 spring clutch in a 250f is straight out of a 125. 250f's are hard on clutches with all the added torque. never mind slapping a 8 paddle tire on it and hitting soft sand.

6 paddle, and stay off the clutch.

no.

If you weight more then 100lbs and plan on riding in real sand. I would never put an 8 paddle on a 250f.

even with a few engine mods. it is to hard on the bike, to hard on the engine, and you have forgotten the same 5 spring clutch in a 250f is straight out of a 125. 250f's are hard on clutches with all the added torque. never mind slapping a 8 paddle tire on it and hitting soft sand.

6 paddle, and stay off the clutch.

Whatever :moon: