Sign in to follow this  

Anyone Ride the TAT on the DRZ?

God would I love to take that trip!!!! Although my wife

woauld make sure I end up in a bodybag if I went and o don't think my ass could take the beating.LOL!!!! Not lime that!

God would I love to take that trip!!!! Although my wife

woauld make sure I end up in a bodybag if I went and o don't think my ass could take the beating.LOL!!!! Not like that!

Are you serious ? Could you really take that much time off ? Ride report on the TAT website says ~35 days but also Sam wrote that you can't navigate from west to east. Are you planning on just turning around and riding home or shipping the bike back ?

I was planning on sumo'ing my E but i just might wait !

...but also Sam wrote that you can't navigate from west to east.

...ride it east to west and let your GPS log your trip. Turn around and do it in reverse....

I did the western TAT (CO to UT then down to CA) with a buddy on my '04 S and it was a blast. Only problem I had was when I had a tip over in CO rockies and bent kickstand which scratched my swingarm.

Here is link to write up on ADV Rider. PM me if you have any questions about what I brought, gear, etc.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516484

Are you serious ? Could you really take that much time off ? Ride report on the TAT website says ~35 days but also Sam wrote that you can't navigate from west to east. Are you planning on just turning around and riding home or shipping the bike back ?

I was planning on sumo'ing my E but i just might wait !

school teacher = summers off!! :moon:

DRZ's make a GREAT western TAT bike. My daughter and I rode these 2 DRZ's, and E and a SM with dirt tires.

We rode in Aug, and putting the route in a GPS is easy, you can go either way no problems. It's a kick ass ride!!!!!!!!

Take_2_69.jpg

Did it last year on a 2006 S model. One of the best biks for such a trip IMHO. Some picks can be viewed at:

http://lyndseybarrett.com/tat/

I did not see much gear on your bikes. I saw chairs in one picture. No chairs visible on the bikes. Where did you keep your stuff?

We had a support truck meet us each evening. He carried all of our camping gear, food, and spare tires. It was very cool to get to do the ride without all the weight. Allowed us to get aggresive at times and really enjoy the few tough sections like Hancock Pass, and parts of the San Rafael Swell.