Sign in to follow this  

Plating? Who?

It has been a long time since I needed to get plating done and when I changed the piston last time I noted some spots not looking like I would like, plus the bore starting to grow near exhaust port.

Who are the in the know yz folks sending your jug to and what kind of turn around and price is normal.

Thanks

I highly suggest powerseal and price after shipping both ways will be about 215.

US chrome and Millinium are great too, but price after shipping will be about 235-240.

Powerseal has ALWAYS chamfered the ports correctly and relieved the exhaust bridge when necessary...something I appreciate

I 2nd Powerseal.

I've used them and Millenium with good results, but I'd give the nod to Powerseal. Especially if its a little cheaper.

I've always used Millennium and had very good results. I've heard Powerseal does a good job too.

I haven't tried powerseal, but I have always had tremendous luck with millennium technologies! I guess I am a type of person to keep going to the same place if the work that they have done is great! Every time that I have sent in cylinders for repair, they have always chamfered the ports

Powerseal did an awesome job on my rm250 cylinder and they were cheaper and closer to me than millennium. It was around $200 shipped to my door, can't beat that.

i used US Chrome over the summer on my YZ250. they cut me a great deal on a whole package (over bore,head machining ,piston with vertex coating and gaskets) . the staff was great too they answered all my question

i used us chrome, after shipping, a new (coated) piston kit and gaskets and strip,weld and re-plate. the total ended up bein 390.somethin... they had it done in a week. this is the first time i've had a re-plate done so i'm not really sure what i got for my money...