Sign in to follow this  

PW50 cylinder base

Anyone out there had or know if they make a plate to fit under the pw cylinder?

Had the head milled and they leaned on it a little heavy, I'm now using eight base gaskets and was hoping to find a filler plate. Gets expensive to replace rings.

Thanks

bring one of the gaskets to the machine shop (probably not the one you had to the initial work) and ask them to make a spacer, then you'll only need two gaskets per ring job. Or buy a replacement cyl off ebay.

Why are you replacing the rings that often on a PW50 anyway?

Buy a PW80 and shave the seat, twice the power, none of the hassle (shaft drive so no gear modding except QT, tiny wheels, tiny everything for that matter, funky little exhaust, etc.).

Check peeweecycle.com. I think they have something called a rev plate that is essentially a spacer that goes under the cylinder.

That will work, I was hoping someone might have one already made. I'm not replacing rings that often so it's not that big of a deal, we've raced it two seasons on this top end and getting ready to start a third so I thought I might pull the jug and look, might do a compression check first it is possible they are still good but it just seemed a little weak the last race.

Thanks for your response.

bring one of the gaskets to the machine shop (probably not the one you had to the initial work) and ask them to make a spacer, then you'll only need two gaskets per ring job. Or buy a replacement cyl off ebay.

Why are you replacing the rings that often on a PW50 anyway?

Buy a PW80 and shave the seat, twice the power, none of the hassle (shaft drive so no gear modding except QT, tiny wheels, tiny everything for that matter, funky little exhaust, etc.).