Sign in to follow this  

Clutch arm bearing removal.

Is there any way to get those bearings out without a small bearing puller. I've got all of them out except these two. I've tried heating it and using a piece of stiff wire bent in a hook to no avail. I thought about using a bolt that will thread into them and see if I can knock them out. This bike's about to break the bank already, so trying not to buy anymore tools right now.

Too late. :cheers: I really don't think much was wrong with any of them, but I was replacing my crank, so I decided to order every bearing in the motor. Then, it was hard to resist the urge to replace all of them, being they were right in front of me with their nice pink honda bags, so I've done a good job screwing up the top one trying to get it out. Your advice is good for anyone thinking of replacing them, dont mess with them!:moon:

All the other bearings except the balancer, shifter drum, and water pump bearings almost fell out though. (after heating up the case to 300 in the oven. Good thing my wife didn't come home early:smirk:)

I almost took a picture of the kitchen with my motor cases strewn about, but I got too scared that she would look thru the camera:lol:

Ive got a bunch of that Pittsburgh stuff. Its ok for home stuff. If you were trying to use it everyday...it'd wear out pretty fast.

That blind hole puller is what he needs to pull the lower of the clutch arm bearings though.

Kragen may have something that he can get too.

Good luck with that, i did the same thing last winter. I too wanted to replace all the bearing except the ones you are struggling with. I got to my last bearing the Counter Balancer and busted the dang case.

Uggggghhh, had to buy a new left side case and guess what it came with those difficult bearings already installed. Imagine that!

Hope you get it out with out busting the case. If you do it is about a two week delay as that side has the engine number and Honda has to register the new engine case with your VIN number before they ship you a new case.

Looks like a 1/4 cold chisel and a small screwdriver will do the trick.:moon:

I cut the bearing race with the chisel, then drove the small flat head between the race and the journal to disform the bearing so it would come out. Just make sure you have your engine apart before doing this, as small pieces of metal break off doing it this way.

Looks like I didn't need that bearing puller after all.

The balancer bearing was the hardest one to knock out, I had to beat on it pretty good to get it out, and that was after heating the case.

You definitely need to warm the case with a heat gun or a propane torch...

sorry off topic , Shawn I tried to answer your PM but it seems like im blocked or something:bonk: