2009 0r 2010 GasGas EC300

Ok, after reading a fair amount on the 2009 EC300 enduro, does anyone know if there will be major changes to to the 2010 model???

I love the idea of a lower seat height compared to the Husky and KTM, bullet proof motor, and tractable powerband and the idea that Clark makes a 3.2 gallon tank for it. Most California dealers have nothing in stock, that I can find

Also is this a red or green sticker bike in California, and when will the 2010's be available here in the U.S.??????

Thanks

Mark

The gasgas is more of an evolutionary design then a revolutionary one like the other brands that come out with a whole new bike every year or two. What's that tell u about the original when people still call the 300 the best bike they have ever ridden?

Biggest thing i know of for the 2010 is you can get electric start on at least some models. (i'm really sure the 300 is one of them) Other then that my guess is the bike is basically a 09 with a diff mfg. date.

talked to my buddies here in town at my fav m/c shop and the place i bought my used 300...... they are getting back in the gg biness and will have bikes in late january or early feb... and the 300 is supposed to be available in an estart..

can't wait

the biggest changes between the 2009 and 2010 models,

the 2010 bike gets a new frame - same shape and design just made of different steel to be stronger, no weight gain

and the 2010 bikes get completely new plastics all round, with a few sticker options available.

not sure about the suspension

and yes the 300 should get electric start, but as yet none have been delivered with the starter, there's a delay at the factory end i believe

The 09 models came with a Sachs fork. It is pretty rough in stock condition. Javier at Trail Tricks has tackled the one on my test bike and it is much better. It looks like the '10 models are going back to the Zokes and I would probably want that, just because more people know how to set them up.

Thanks all, I am serious about a new smoker for my Enduro days, and the Gas Gas EC300 really fits my requirements.

I'm soo tired of hauling my highly-modified CRF450x in my tight single track trails in the Sierra-Nevada mountains, and want again the simplicity of a lightweight smoker.

According to the website, some of the models definately have the 'zokes (4t), so that was what I was basing that statement on.

As for the Sachs fork, as I understand it the shim size is unique and Javier had to order shims form Europe to valve the fork. That means there are probably only a couple of people in the whole country who will be interested in working on them.

MarkBevans asked: "Also is this a red or green sticker bike in California"

EC300 * 2-stroke = (Red Sticker) in Ca. Until direct injection technology

comes to dirt bikes like it does for outboard motors. 2-strokes will be

limited to when / where they can be ridden in Ca.

I think the GasGas 4 stroke FSE bikes are, or will be, street legal.

Depending on your riding area. Red stickered bikes may be legal to

ride all year around.

Jeff So. Cal.

The 09 models came with a Sachs fork. It is pretty rough in stock condition. Javier at Trail Tricks has tackled the one on my test bike and it is much better. It looks like the '10 models are going back to the Zokes and I would probably want that, just because more people know how to set them up.

I just read your review on the 2009 (didn't know you were on TT) and was wondering whether you had the suspension revalved like you mentioned in your article.

I know above you say it's much better after the revalve, but what is your opinion on the fork relative to other bikes? I ride lots of rocks and if the suspension can't be made right I will have to stick with YZ250's (for as long as they are available anyway).

Thanks for any feedback.