Sign in to follow this  

clutch problem?

hey so i just started my bike for the first time in 4 months and it kicked over on the 3rd try which was nice. As soon as i engage first or even second gear the bike dies. I made sure that when i have the clutched pulled in and out the little moving part on the crank case also moves which it does. I tried adjusting my clutch from the handle bars with no luck. It still dies with the clutch pulled in all the way. so what is the problem? do i need a new clutch? by the way the bike is a 07 crf250R. thanks

More than likely the plates are just sticking together, after starting the bike pull in the clutch and sit there for a minute or two and then try putting it in gear. If it still stalls give it a little gas as you try to put it in gear. It should not be any big problem.

like he said try reving the bike when you go to put it into gear. also if you take it threw the gears and let the tranny warm up, then try coming to a stop and see if that helps any. if not then time for a new clutch

Either the plates are sticking like mentioned above, or I think it is most likely a notched basket. I would take the clutch out and inspect everything.

Ride it some and see if it gets better. If not then most likely you have a notched basket.