Sign in to follow this  

maiden voyage

so, tuesday night i bought an 04 drz, 3400 miles. she wasnt starting, the PO had let it sit for 2 years. i figured the carb was all gummed up (which it was). spent 2 days figuring out how to fix it, cleaned the carb and replaced the leaky stock petcock with a cheaper wr400 PC (TT you guys rock, everything i will ever need for a drz is right here). The bike started right up, and i took it for my first ride. it drives great! better than my last one. might need to do a little fine tuning with idle and brakes and such, but im glad i bought this one and got to learn how it works in the process.

Congrats on the new ride! Good job jumping in and wrenching on it. :moon: Since you're now familiar with the carb, you might as well order a jet kit and do the 3x3 on it.

I have yet to jump into the carb on my '03 KLX400, but I'm going to get on it after Christmas - rejet + remove the snorkle.

gonna probably do some more mods when i get some money lol. and ya i got it cheap since it wasnt starting and the guy needed it gone since he was moving that very day.

gonna probably do some more mods when i get some money lol. and ya i got it cheap since it wasnt starting and the guy needed it gone since he was moving that very day.

those are always the best deals to find :moon:

Dont forget oil , filter and screen . Even new brake fluid if it is the original . All of the fluids will have perished if they were not changed before you picked it up . greg :moon: