Sign in to follow this  

2010 link?

......i see a lot of people buying the pc link and wonder why they arent just putting the 2010 link on their older bikes.........$80 vs $220, doesnt it fit the 09 and below?

The 09 and 10 have a different pivot point than the 06, 07, and 08 so having said that I would assume they would be different. the 06 was different than the 07 and 08 however the 07 stock is the same dimensions as the pro circuit linkage for the 06.

So can you just move one from the other, the short answer is yes, will they work like they are supposed to "NO", for the most part they are year dependent.

so if you have an 09, you can buy an 2010 oem link and save $$$ over the pc link as they are the same?

what about the rocker or triangle. Is the 2010 different than the 2009? Should they both be replaced?

i would assume as long as the bolts being used for the linkages are the same it could work but not sure if it will change it for the better or worse

Bumping, looking to see if anyone knows if this is the ticket for an 09?

I looked into the links and they should work. I will check the part numbers

on the rocker and bolts and bearings let you know tuesday

The link will bolt up. The rocker is a different part number from Kawi specific to the 2010though. Has anyone actually measured the eye to eye length on the PC and the 2010 links? If someone on here has one or the other and could measure it would be great to know. The rocker being different has a big impact on the rising rate though. I'm sure some of the suspension guys could shed some light on this. I don't know if Kawi used the same rocker design that the PC guys were using but it may be ideal if you have an 09 to run both. Valving would possibly need to be changed to work with the new rising rate.

The linkage rod on the 2010 is 1 or 2 mm longer than the one on the 2009.

The bearings,bolts and inter rod are the same for 09 and 10. Need to take

apart to find the changes on the rocker and rod.

Can anyone tell me what their measurements are no their linkage parts? I have an 09 KX250F and I'm trying to get something that will move more in the early part of the stroke, and move less later in the stroke. This stock linkage is not ideal for desert.

From what I have read, the PC link is 135mm, same as the stock 2010 part, which will lower the rear end, reducing the stinkbug feel for some. Not super sure the exact effect other then that, just know that MXA still says its the way to go, along with 22 mm triple clamps. I am thinking of trying the e-axle (to get a 22mm offset) and the 2010 OEM link myself.

From what I have read, the PC link is 135mm, same as the stock 2010 part, which will lower the rear end, reducing the stinkbug feel for some. Not super sure the exact effect other then that, just know that MXA still says its the way to go, along with 22 mm triple clamps. I am thinking of trying the e-axle (to get a 22mm offset) and the 2010 OEM link myself.

what is an "e-axle"?

I actually made crude pull rod links from steel about 133MM and measure the shaft progression with the spring off of the shock, just blocking the rear tire up 1.5 inches at a time(using 2x4's). The stock 09 linkage had the exact same rate at the second , third, and fourth stages. The infamous flat spot on the 09. The 133MM pull rods I made gave a higher rate in every stage.

I need to get the 2010 rocker and pull rods. If they are indeed on backorder, that really sux. Even if I could just get the rocker I could mate it with the PC link. Anybody know the length of 06-08 pull rods?

has anyone actually used the pro circuit link on an 09? does it really make a difference or is it one of those things that everyone does because MXA says too? The new MXA has a 10 page pro circuit advertisement in it. Also, how come the other mags never say to use a link, only mxa who gets paid mega bucks for thos adds??? Just wondering, i was at the worcs race this weekend and didnt see links on the factory bikes or any others i looked at.

http://www.rekluse.com/E-axles.html

It allows you to tinker with different offsets, like having access to works parts, testing each to see what works for your exactly.

Now, once I find the "sweet spot, I would prolly buy that set of triple clamps, since I am not sure how durable the e-axle is.... though Rekluse has a killer rep for durability / CS.