2010 link?

I did see that a few months ago. It's a little hard to compare because we are using slightly different methods.

I did finally figure out what has been bothering me about this rear suspension tonight. The bleed circuit is too tight on this late model Showa. Probably a good design for MX, bad for desert. There was a jet pressed into the end of the shock shaft. I got the right diameter rod from an industrial hardware store and drove it out. Took the crossover shim out of the rebound to stack to compensate for it. I Put it together and pushed up and down on it. It feels right to me now. If it works right this week then I have to do the forks, they feel the same way.

I imagine they did this to keep the bike from standing up in turns, and stick when landing from jumps, something that plagues MXer's, no concern to me. However, I now have a great collection of shock linkages to test! lol

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just got my 2010 stock link today for my 2009. I measured it best i could and came up with 135mm. Before i took my stock 2009 link off i measured with my sag gauge from the axle to the rear fender. The idea was after installing the 2010 link i could see how much the rear end was lowered.

After i pulled off the stock 09 link i checked it next to the 2010. They are about identical. For a minute i thought they gave me the wrong year. But, the links had different numbers on them so i guess they are different. I measured the stock 2009 and it appears to be 134mm. so, we are talking about 1mm difference between the two. now came the moment of truth. I installed the 2010 link and then checked the ride hight. It was basically the same. So, at the end of the day the 2009 link is really really close the the 2010. the real difference must be the 2010 a-arm or whatever it is called. Unless you plan on buying both i wouldn't waiste my time again.

Maybe on the track it will make a difference, i dont know yet. i cant see how it could, but maybe.

DEGBTI, after you ride your bike you'll notice a difference. I have posted some stroke measurements on here, but I have a bunch that I haven't posted. I measured the stroke of a 2010 pull rod with the 2009 rocker. It does make it more progressive early in the stroke. I have the 2010 rocker and the differences from the 2009 are all less than 1MM.

I don't know if I can explain this well, but the rocker is basically spinning in a circle. As the swing arm rises the rocker gets into a different part of the circle. The longer pull rod moves pull point of the rocker closer back to a part of that circle that will give quicker movement in relation to where the pull rod is mounted to the frame. Before I measured the longer rod, I thought it would give less progression. But I was wrong. I had to refigure my thinking to understand why it made it more progressive. If I was an engineer I'd have a better explanation.

DEGBTI, after you ride your bike you'll notice a difference. I have posted some stroke measurements on here, but I have a bunch that I haven't posted. I measured the stroke of a 2010 pull rod with the 2009 rocker. It does make it more progressive early in the stroke. I have the 2010 rocker and the differences from the 2009 are all less than 1MM.

I don't know if I can explain this well, but the rocker is basically spinning in a circle. As the swing arm rises the rocker gets into a different part of the circle. The longer pull rod moves pull point of the rocker closer back to a part of that circle that will give quicker movement in relation to where the pull rod is mounted to the frame. Before I measured the longer rod, I thought it would give less progression. But I was wrong. I had to refigure my thinking to understand why it made it more progressive. If I was an engineer I'd have a better explanation.

cool, thanks for the explaination. But in lamens terms, what will it do? I am hoping it stiffens the first part of the travel to keep the bike from wallowing out of corners and tracking straighter, at least that is what the pro circuit link is suppose to do. since the 2010 link is basically the same as the pro circuit?

My measurements indicate it does stiffen the first part of the stroke like the PC pull rod. From what people on TT are saying, the PC pull rod is the same as the 2010 pull rod. Not sure how it will affect your particular valving. But valving and spring rate will be slightly affected.

i talked to the shop who did my suspension, he told me that they valved my stuff for the stock link, 2009. If i wanted to run the link he said i will have to send my stuff back in, screw that. so, i have a brand new 2010 link if someone wants it cheap, let me know. I can ship it anywhere.