Sign in to follow this  

what years cylinder will fit an 88 cr250r?

I'm looking for a new head and I see a 90-91 that looks identical except for the coolant attachment, the 88 looks to be permanently installed while the 90 looks be be mounted with a flange and bolt.

Tom

Thanks 99kawi,

I had just noticed myself that bikebandit says 86-89 are the same part - now off to a junkyard to find a decent one. After pricing the sleeve, piston kit, and labour involved - the shop quoted me over 600 dollars to repair mine, so I will be looking for an old one I think... anyone parting out a 86-89 with a head that does not need work??

Thanks

As far as the cylinder goes, I had an '87 Cylinder renikasiled for my '86 for $175.00. It is Far better then Getting it Sleeved. (If it Hasn't already Been Sleeved). As many will tell you when they see this Thread....Check E-Bay For a Cylinder Head....:moon:

Edited by 99Kawi_KX250

Work like that is far cheaper in the states, up here in Canada I was quoted over 300 but that was also to weld the cracked skirt. and that did not include shipping or tax... I think I can get a usable cylinder for under 200 delivered and will go with that. This is not a racing bike, though it was going to be a woods bike but I don't think so after tearing it apart and seeing what it would need. I think I will get it running and sell it and just try to break even... I still need to buy the clutch cover and rebuild the bottom end.