Sign in to follow this  

13oz Flywheel weight?

Just order up a +13oz Steahly flywheel for my 04crf450r. Just wondering what everyones opinions are with this type of weight? I do mostly woods and trails and love the bike but was looking for a little more tractability and less stalling etc. Anyone running this ? And any thoughts would be great! I know there is lots searches but Just looking for current experiance's? THanks

I think mine is 11oz on my 05. It really smooths power out. Alot harder to hit rev limiter.Helps a bit with stalling.If stalling is your reason for getting the fww-better option is AP mod,jet kit and adjustable leak jet. I would like to find a vertex ignition-that is the best power control.

Get a Trailtech?? Why? Do you have one? Its not all about the stalling but the smoother power and easier to use power in the lower end when the trails get nasty! The trails are really rocky/slimy/Rooty where I ride most of the time and Im looking for a little more tractability etc. I have ridden my freinds 08 yz450 with the gytr offroad flywheel before and after install and I can tell it helps alot with stalling and power application. Im looking for someone that has used a 13oz on there 04 and newer just for some opinions etc, I already have it geared down and that will actually amplify the power hit when you dont want it to etc. Thanks again.

Scott summers runs one heavier than that on his 450. One of the bike mags rode it and liked the way mellowed it out, but still had plenty of snort.

I have a 11 on my 250 for tight slick winter woods and roots. It helps a lot.

I posted about the results and install tips on my trailtech 13. look up my old posts. worked so good I sold my original flywheel, no need to go back:thumbsup:

Great! Thanks guys! Cant wait to get my weight, sounds like I made a good choice for my application etc. Ill let you know how it works out in the new year!