Sign in to follow this  

Does the 2K-1 Ignition have power ?

I need to power up hand warmers, the 2010 250sx lists the Kokusan 2K-1 for the ingition and it goes all the way back to 2007 250SX's.

I haven't had an SX for a while but it seemed to me it had like 40 watts of aux power to pull from.

Yes it's the two stroke:banana:.

The 2K1 only has CDI power, no auxilary power for warmers or lights. The 2K2 has about 40 watts and the 2K3 has 80-100 watts for lights, warmers, or other accessories

I had one in a 00' 200 and it had the output wire, didnt check for power. So did they change them?? Or did I have a 2k2 2k1 combo, I see on the net where some guys say the fww will work and interchange.

This may help identify what you have. KTMs seem to vary randomly on what they come out of the factory with. (Note the number of wires on each stator, they all have the black rubber two-pin plug, and then 2, 3, or 4 additional wires.

2KStatorID.gif

StatorIDII.jpg

Like Bill says, the 2K1 is ignition only, 2K2 is low wattage (AC only), and the 2K3 is more useful. The 2K3 is the only one that you can float the ground on and convert to full DC. Stock it is pulsed AC and DC.

So that mistery is solved thanks guys. Now I need to hunt down a 2K-2 or 2K-3, what bikes did these igintions come on ?

Again, this is for a 2010 250SX, 2t.

On a 200, the connectors were changed in 05 from memory, they will still work but you have to cut n splice, dont know on the 250-300

After researcing the part numbers it looks like from 2005 the 2k-1, 2k-2 and 2k-3 including flywheels interchange between the 200, 250 and 300.

Question, I have an '08 200 sitting in the shop I won't ride for a few months so I'll pull that ingnition and try it on the SX. But, do I just line up the timing mark and call it a day, the 200 has two hash marks and the 250 only one and it seems to be in a differant spot.

Thanks

J