Sign in to follow this  

ATK bike shoe?

Hi

I need two of these, but where can I get them? I can find them here: http://www.mxsouth.com/atk/atk-bikeshoe-atk-bikeshoe-bike-shoe-wheel-chock.htm but it is "out of stock".

I dont know if it is discontinued. What else can I get that holds the bike only by the front or rear wheel? It is to be used to transport a MX-bike.

Thanks in advance.

Try this link on ebay I bought one last week from this seller, only $43.00 to the door. ttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120504401301&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

The Ebay ones I bought a few years ago to go with the ATK ones I bought from the TT store were crap.. I cut them up for scrap and bought two more from the TT store.

Bike shoes are the shit,, no better way to lock down a bike and move out. Add some E track to your trailer floor and E track locks on the bike shoe,, 30 second swaps from open deck (no tripping if your trailer is also a living area) to shoe locked in place for travel

I had planed to install mine last night. But as I started to put it together I noticed that one of the two rivets that are used as a pivot was coming out, upon further inspection the other rivet doesn't look much better and would probably pop out if I clamped down on a wheel. I can see why bronco78 cut his up, if I had not had the problem with the rivets the overall fit and finish is very poor.

Try Pitposse, that's where I got mine earlier this year. Good quality, but I still strap mine down. Too much wiggle with the shoe alone for me to put faith in on an open trailer. :smirk:

Right now Pit Posse is only showing a shoe for a mini.

Right now Pit Posse is only showing a shoe for a mini.

That stinks.  When I bought mine I got the optional quick mount plate.  It was the shape of a "T".  Late this season,  I managed to snap one of the quick removal bolts when tightening one of the quick removal bolts and they don't even  sell that plate anymore.  The bolts have a flat rectangular head with round ends so it slid into the channel of the "T".

If you are located anywhere near Seattle, I have 3 of them I would be willing to part with. Way too heavy to ship really.