Evans Creek anyone?

I have a question? :naughty:Isn't Evens creek closed for the season?? If it is, why is anyone riding there?? Just thought I would ask?:cheers: If it isn't closed I just might go riding there one of these days.

:moon: This is actually why I posted. I was curious how many know about the proposed changes at Evans like the new campground and different winter closure dates. It seems pretty confusing to me from what I've been reading about it. It sounds like it is "officially" closed but just not enforced as such. They don't have a gate yet so they will enforce once they get one installed.

Just curious how others in our user group feel about this. I have heard "others" say that even if it is "officially" closed, as long as it's not being enforced makes it fine for them to use the area.?

I've ridden Evans years ago and the lack of ST made it a poor ride, so I've never gone back for a second dose of DT misery. But if you want to improve your rut ridding skills Evans Creek could be your training grounds for the new Reiter.

Yes indeed. There are not many decent ST trails left. It sounds like the rutting issue is part of why they are closing it during the winter time, along with the issue of animals needing that area to live during winter time.

I agree with Jeff. The ST at Evans is great for any bike. Just not much there. Several loop oppurtunities, can be doubled by going in reverse direction. I agree with the snow closure. Keeps the trails in good shape. In the dry dusty summer months, Evans seems to stay moist and cool.

I rode there on my 525 for the first time last Sept. I pobably wont back. My friends witha smirk took me on that gnarly rocky section where they filmed that famous Toyota truck commerical where the guy jumps in the air. Gnarly gnarly gnalry...even worse the desert100 rocks.