Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket Rear Brake Pedal?

I've been tinkering with my 89 XR600R a bit over the last few years. I've replaced most of the controls with new parts including clutch, brake lever, footpegs, and shifter lever. They were all pretty worn out.

The only item I am having a hard time finding is the rear brake pedal. This is also somewhat worn out and bent out of shape. Plus there is a lot of play in it. (may also be the frame though)

Since I have added a rear disc, I would need a brake pedal from a 91 or newer I guess. (original parts came from a 93) I have not been able to find any aftermarket companies that sell these. Am I stuck going with an OEM from the dealer? Haven't checked there yet, but I hope they stock them if that is my only option.

Anyone know of any aftermarket rear brake pedals for a XR600R with a rear disc?

Thanks.

Thanks for the link.

That one was for a 2007 XR650L. Would that fit on an XR600R frame. If so, I'll probably buy it.

I'll do some searching to see if I can find out, but if anyone else knows for sure, let me know.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the link.

That one was for a 2007 XR650L. Would that fit on an XR600R frame. If so, I'll probably buy it.

I'll do some searching to see if I can find out, but if anyone else knows for sure, let me know.

Thanks again.

Take a real good close-up shot of the frame where it attaches,the size of the pin that goes through the frame,and length from the pin to the end where your foot touches it,also the pin length and i`ll measure mine,,,,,,,,,,it`s all over the garage right now:lol::moon:

Really though if the mounting pin is the same diameter then it should fit or be very easy to modify it to fit..

Brian

I'll pull off my lever and take some measurements. I just rebuilt a different carb that I am putting on right now in hopes to fix some idleing issues I have been having.

Thanks for checking this out for me.

Terry