Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust Suggestions

Hey does anyone have the Yosh. exhaust for their X? Also what other exhausts do you reccomend. I want a full syatem and I want the low tone and smooth exhaust note. Not really quiet but more so a smooth note.

I have the White Bros. E2 but mine is only a slip on so.... If im not mistaken i do believe that the new company makes a full system though.

I have the mega bomb with the power core IV. It makes great power and the mega bomb actually makes less sound than other exhaust systems.

mega bomb with a Q4. it is quiet for the first 10hrs of riding with the pipe, and then the packing wares down. but i have the insert for the muffler out. (im going to put it back in, but the bolt keeps unscrewing itself and it would fall out, so i kinda gave up on it.)

but i love this system, it has a good tone, not very quiet, but not loud...just right.

You cannot do better than stock header with R muffler. If you want to stimulate the economy, then more power to you.

You cannot do better than stock header with R muffler. If you want to stimulate the economy, then more power to you.

Agreed, I believe its 45 bucks from Service Honda. Also, you can use lock tight on the screw that keeps unscrewing itself. :moon:

:moon:

I tend to agree. I ride an '06 CRF250X with a stock header pipe with an '04 R muffler. It works great. The carb required re-jetting. I have excellent low down response and power all the way to the top.

i'm in the market for a pipe suddenly after a neighbor brought over his new 250r with a full Yosh pipe. man did it sound good. i have to admit that i'm a cheez ball for a strong sounding pipe - i agree the power gains are probably not much, possibly even a detriment in certain parts of the power curve, but i just love the sound!

you can buy a FULL Yosh pipe for the R/X right from their website for about 350 (Al/SS). i'm really considering it strongly...

Those of you who have the Megabomb... Isn't that a Titanium header? Are you using it offroad?

I run a full system from the 250R but have a good FMF deal this year and am thinking about running the Powercore with one of the "bomb" headers as I figure the PowerBomb or MegaBomb would get the sound down to 96. Plus the Powercore is supposed to have tunable inserts which begs the question why bother with a Q if you can just run a Power Core and stop it down when you need to?

I like the idea of the MegaBomb but since it's titanium I figured it was a no no for serious off road use.

Agreed, I believe its 45 bucks from Service Honda. Also, you can use lock tight on the screw that keeps unscrewing itself. :moon:

can you show me a link to this? i cant seem to find it. thanks:ride:

I went with: FMF Powerbomb header, changed the cam to an R model, Q4 exhaust, Boyesen Quick Shot, and did a Thumper Racing CRF 270x overbore kit. Why all the modes? I was used to 2 strokes before: just turn the throttle and it will NOT bog down going up a hill. So I wanted to recreate this in the 4 stroke; I had bad ridding habbits so I stalled the 250X too many times when I first got it. With the changes, the bike now has excellent low end and mid range. The R cam helps balance it out on top. I wouldn't change a thing on it now. It's a 250 that has the power of say 350 if they were to make one (not the power of a 450).

FMF Powerbomb SS header, Q4Ti exhaust, not too loud but has a good tone. Both the header and Muffer are available in Ti or SS. I chose the SS header for durability and Ti on the muffler to drop some weight.

I have a Yosh exhaust on my 05 250X and it is very loud. I have had it for a few years so the packing is probably due for some maint. , but it was pretty loud new. I bent the stock head pipe so i will probably buy a complete system. If the head pipe was not bent I would probably try the stock R can like others have recommended. Does anyone know what the decibel level is with the stock R can?

BTW Service Honda is out of the cheap R exhausts, I just bent mine and sent them an email saying they were all out of them.

i put a yosh trd on my R.. good bottom increase but way to loud..! ill soon be in the market for a different exhaust and will be looking at a mrd most likely..