Float heigth kdx 200

I need to set my float heighth but my manual show a different float than the one in my 1993 model. this bike is all stock I got it from the original owner so the carb hasnt been changed. my question is according to my manual the float heigth should be 16mm plus or minus 1mm. the manual shows a flat bottomed float my float is actially kind of triangular on the bottom. the bottom comes to a point. should I measure to the high point of the float? this is with the carb sitting upside down on my bench float facing up. or should I measure to the highest out side edge of the float like the manual shows. with the heights set from the outside edge when I put the boowl on it pushed the float up and no gas flows into the bowl. so I guess im answring my own question im looking from confirmation from some one whos done it before on a 1993 kdx 200.Thanks much in advance

Don't know about the measurement on the older ones, but I did notice something.

You said you were measuring it "upside down on my bench, float bowl facing up".

Is this how your manual shows to do it?

Reason I ask is, on my PK35 the weight of the float will compress the spring loaded pin on the float needle and give a way off measurement. Have to hold the carb at an angle where the float just closes the needle but doesn't compress the pin any, then set the height.

Yours may be set with the pin compressed though, just a thought.