Sign in to follow this  

California Hey.. Any of you Homo's wanna ride Hungry Valley on Dec 19th

I'm thinkin. 8:00-8:30 Saturday (12/19) at Lane Ranch Staging area in Hungry Valley Gorman. The first staging area with a restroom, coming in from Smokey Bear road (south entrance). easy in, easy out. I usually grab a table near the loading dock. unless others are going and wanna meet elsewhere. Figure I will do the normal, go for an easy fun ride until the lunchtime crowd rolls in. then I would head out, grab a hotdog from the hot dog guy and go home. I would probably be good for a few hours. hoping the dirt is great. and.. hoping the recent rains caused a few riders to tear up some of the trails. Which could make it a bit of a challenge and fun. I'm planing on recording a few of the trails in with my Gopro HD Hero in 960P. Anyone wanna join? you could be a you tube star, LOL, that is if I could keep up with ya, Be easy on the old 51 yr old man. Yea yea, I suck, but try to have fun. I'm going regardless. solo or with others. I just like to be in the saddle. It's funner with others. I'm into what ever trails you would like hit. Thinkin the basics, backbone, tataviam, gorman, mesa, badlands, unmarked ridge, and maybe the buttcrack. and if were feeling froggy, maybe a hill climb or two. I just wanna get in and out before the crazy Quads roll in. LOLOL

thought old men didn't get crabby till they hit 75 or so...

military do some advanced aging on you? heaha

thought old men didn't get crabby till they hit 75 or so...

military do some advanced aging on you? heaha

LOL.. sent ya a pm

It's not politically correct. It should be .........(*) Miner. :moon:

/\

please don't cry... LOL

* Homo (genus), the genus including modern humans (Homo sapiens) and closely related species such as Neanderthals

I'm hopin the dirt is still good from the rains. even if it's not, sittin in the saddle is better than not.

In the immortal words of Sgt. Hulka..."Lighten up Francis...":banana:

Any of you HOMOS... Even touch me..... I"LL KILL YA! - Stripes movie.

n6vmo, you got to it before me!

You guys are hilarious. There were only two of us homo's out there. Ethan an I had fun, even though most of the trails have been graded. yes graded. all were like roads.

We even went for a stroll on the I-5 tracks. both the beginner and the expert. wheeeew. there is on big jump at the beginning that woke us up. LOLOL. Interesting, if you paid for hungry valley, you get in for free. It wasn't crowded at all, which was good for us on those tracks. LOL.

We did a good run, and ended up with the buttcrack and south wall before calling it a day.

and some bruises and cuts and *ANOTHER* broken clutch lever, damn i love this sport.

and some bruises and cuts and *ANOTHER* broken clutch lever, damn i love this sport.

LOL..even with that, You were able to ride it back to the truck with no problems. You timed it perfectly. No camera coverage. LOLOLOL.

It was fun, Thanks for taking it easy on the old man, we need to do it again.

I'm scanning through them now. looks like there is some good video. at least it's aimed better. I did however, get some mud on the lens at the mx track, when I decided to go right through the middle of that puddle. but it got cleaned off later.

it takes a bit longer to prep and post the HD than the old sd ones ever did. should have some up tonight and tomorrow

.... *ANOTHER* broken clutch lever...
did you get her replaced yet? Wheeew. I had my share of broken, bent levers before my daughter bought a set of ASV unbreakable levers for me....

.. Thanks again for riding with the old sarge, it was fun. I have been and am posting the videos. it's a slow process, as I'm trying different end states. I recorded in 960p which is is not a standard display mode for editing software.

just watched a couple of those videos.

it's amazing how stable the camera seems to be.

nicely done, maybe next time you'll keep up! :moon::p

just watched a couple of those videos.

it's amazing how stable the camera seems to be.

nicely done, maybe next time you'll keep up! :moon::p

Yea maybe next time. If I could of kept up, I could of captured some of them classic Ethan tumbles. LOLOLOL

I'm gonna post another ride notify for this coming saturday. I wanna hit the buttcrack in the opposite direction than what we ran it. meaning, up the buttcrack instead of down it. Eeeeeew that sounded nasty. Also, hit the Gorman, bromes, and a few others. Film the south wall. my luck, once the camera is on, I will dump it. LOLOLOL.

Let m know if you wanna hit it again. we can try to break your brake lever this time instead of your new clutch lever.

Sucks I didnt see this till now... I was there Fri, Sat, Sun. I was camped in Smith Forks.

Dirt was great wasnt it?