Sign in to follow this  

suspension:rebuild or replace?

ok so i have a 2005 yz250f with stock aoss suspension. the seals have been leaking for a few months now and i was going to have my forks and shock rebuilt and revalved(probably by BR1 or ENZO)but then i found an 2006 sss front end and shock for the same price of rebuild/revalve plus or minus a few bucks. what do you think i should do? :moon:

Well, you have to factor in if the new set needs to be rebuilt (unfortunately, some people aren't always honest and will try to blindside you) and if you need to get the new set revalved, then you really aren't getting a great deal then. It is kind of like buying a bike and the previous owner stating "It was just rebuilt" and it should have been re-phrased to "It was just rebuilt......never....". If it was me, I would just go ahead and have a competent suspension guy revalve yours and you know what to expect and stuff like that.

send me a PM if you want to sell the old forks... i need the complete front end...

Rebuild and revalve your '05 AOSS forks.

They're fine, and it will be much more cost-effective than getting the SSS forks and having to do the same thing to them.

I have a set of 08 yz450f forks that have the Dell Taco and EPNP kit by smart performance with Davej's fluid in them. They have 10 hours of riding on them, a failed mod for my 07 wr250f. I just like the open cartridge better for off-road. They were brand new when I got them and I revalved them after a few rides, they are set up for 160'ish pound intermediate for HS and MX. They have .44 kg springs in them and I still have the .46 kg stock springs as well. I would take 600 dollars for them, your wheel would work but you would need the 08 axle and wheel spacers plus mod the brake caliper or buy an 08 one. If you're interested just pm me.