Sign in to follow this  

Lightweight rider on TTR250 setup

I just bought a 2004 TTR-250 and I weigh 140lbs. The fork seems to feel fine the way it is - (soft). But the rear is bouncing me off ever bump. I want to un-load the preloader as much as I can - how FEW turns can I have on the spring nut? One?? Also, I don't have the manual, does the fork have a rebound adjuster, or just the compression adjusters on the bottom? :moon: Thanks.

Wow, thanks man! You just undercut some guy selling the same download on Ebay for $5.00 - he probably has 5 starving kids at home and is wondering why no one is buying his manual...

thanks to the fellas at ttr250.com great resource for us. I have an 06. also the sticky in the ttr thread links to an incredible thread of ttr250 uncorking. have fun.

Ok it's me again (original poster)... I un - preloaded the rear shock as far as the service manual recomends... still feels stiffer than I would like, will it break-in and get softer? (The bike only has 100 miles on it.) It seems I would need to have a custom spring made if I want it softer?... are there any other light riders on this bike with a similar situation? Also, does anyone make a longer shifter? It is too close, closer than my TTR125 with the BBR shifter. One more question, is there a taller (moto style) aftermarket seat foam/cover available? I keep "falling" into the dip of the stock seat.