Polisport EMX problem

I have the EMX on my 08' 400e also. it was a straight forward plug and play. the bulb is only a 35w/35w so that should be no problem. i upgraded mine to a 55/65w xenon light and don't have any troubles even when the bike sits for a month. start the bike and test the battery with a voltmeter and see what it puts out running. stop the bike and turn the key on and see what it puts out, then turn the key off and see what it puts out. this might help to see if there is a power drain . the battery might be stuffed as well.

Ok so I did all the tests you guys suggested and it looks like the bike isn't charging the battery. Does this mean there is a problem with the stator? I also read something about a rectifier. I have no idea when it comes to electrical faults and any help would be much appreciated.

This might not be the best advise by some peoples standards, but if it were my bike and i was stuck i would start to fault diagnose for a problem. You know the battery has X amount of volts, when the bike is running there is no extra voltage at the connections so look at possible problems. maybe a burnt fuse (probably get shot down for suggesting that. Go from the battery alway back along the cables as far as you can and keep checking for voltage even if it is only a testlight. Someone else with a bit more skilling might be able to help out a bit more on this subject though.

All the best:thumbsup:

if you think the light is at fault because it all started when you installed it

(coincidence probably)

then, put the stock light back on & see if the problem goes away:smirk:

(unlikely)

If not....then you can start the troubleshooting with a clear mind

hope this helps:worthy:

It is not a xenon kit i used but a H4 xenon bulb. not a HID light. light is pretty good on low beam but spreads way too much on high as the lens of the light has a spread type pattern . In simple words it throws a better light with the lower wattage bulbs.