Sign in to follow this  

California Carnegie SVRA Closure Dec. 28/29

The stay has been approved and they will stay open until Jan 6th..

I may have posted incorrect information about it being JAN. 6. The stay application asked for Jan. 6 but the stay approval document doesn't have a date on it...........so, I assumed it was Jan. 6.

The Canegie web site has Dec. 26.

Sorry if I'm wrong.

Ride on

Brewster

wow, that would be a horrible Christmas present:foul:

Not only is it a horrible Christmas present, but can you imagine the amount of people that will be pushed into other areas like Hollister?:moon: If you think HH was crazy on holiday weekends before wait til those that rode Carnegie go to HH. CRAZY!

I just called the office at Carnegie, the outgoing message said they will be open 12-19 and 12-20.

I consider myself to be an environmental enthusiast. But this is the action of evironmental whackos. I went to the PEER web site and they are talking about things like how Carnegie is home to the Kit fox and the Alameda whip snake. Yes, it is their home. But since the park has been open to riding for most of my life (I'm 52), you would think the animals would have moved on if they really were impacted by riders. It's only 1500 acres, are those flimsy fences keeping the Kit fox there? Wildlife is abundant there, so we obviously coexist.

My son and I have been riding there for about 7 years. We have built our recreational lives around that park. We are going there today. The whole idea of an OHV park is to contain the "damage". What am I paying my green sticker fees for if I can't ride anywhere? I know many south bay riders with stories of Hollister turning people away before noon because the park is full, that situation exists now. So now put an additional 100,000 visitors into that park and it's going to have to be a lottery to get a chance to ride there. So "just go to Hollister" (as I have already been told) is not the answer.

I just joined Blue Ribbon this morning. Hopefully something can be done. I'm generally optomistic, but I have a feeling that we are in for more bad news about this as time goes on. This temporary closure is probably like a temporary tax increase, temporarily for the rest of your life. I hope I'm wrong.

The DPR asked for and got a 10 day stay to remedy the situation. They have been working like crazy to fence off the 'creek' and new maps showing 4 authorized crossing points are being distributed at the gate. They say they will be enforcing the no ride zone vigorously and I am sure PEER and CSFA will be out there with cameras so please follow the rules.

Wake the **** up! we will soon loose all the OHV parks in California stop voting for theis liberal candidates. bloging does not help much ether please write letters attend meetings get involved. I am seeing a lot of post like " wow this sucks" I was the guy leaving the fliers on the trucks warning people this was comming the AMA and more so D-36 help to fight for us donate today also please visit www.arra-access.com.

I just found out about tis yesterday and here are some questions I have.

1. They speak of discharges into the "creek". What discharges? Heavy metals? How might dirt bike riding cause the discharge of heavy metals into this creek?

2. What are the heavy metal levels found in nearby drainages that are not interfacing with dirt bike activity as compared to Corral Hollow Creek?

3. What is the significant impact of dirt bike activity at Carnegie? I.E. every activity of man has an impact on the environment. Obviously there is an acceptable level of impact. Buildings and freeways affect habitat and yet, are still being built. What is endangered by Carnegie activities that is irreplaceable?

^ Exactly! Don't bother trying to use science and logic though that's not what this is about.

this is due to the State not filing a piece of paper. BUT the State is doing work to protect the creek bed. So is there an issue that should be addressed or are they just doing something to make it look good?? I dont understand the creek work if there isnt a problem with the water contents.

While political corrupt-ness (if that's a word) exists on both sides of the aisle, I can only hope that closures like this and Clear Creek (and others) really begin to piss people off when they head to the voting polls and they do what is right and vote these extreme eco-nazi ******** out of office for good. I'm so pissed off about this I can't think straight.

I grew up riding Carnegie and now I take my two young boys there. I have watched Carnegie change over the years. First the front hills were shut down. Errosion is said to be the reason for that closure but I tend to believe some Tofu farting freak drove by Carnegie is his/her Prius and were shocked at the "scars" on Mother Earth but paid no attention to the fact that they are driving thru a test site for the Lab. I think the front hills were shut down because they "offended" someone. Then, there is the mysterious "new property" that's been on the "gonna open soon" list for years. I wonder why it hasn't opened...environMENTALists probably have nothing to do with that either.:smirk::moon:

Now we have this creek...is it a creek? Really? Does it actually qualify as a creek? It looks more like a dry creek bed to me but then again, it's probably dry because of Global Warming, yeah, that's it! Maybe we can use some of the Green sticker fund to build a bridge over the water that is supposed to be there...wait a minute...our green sticker fund was robbed...nevermind.:cheers:

I'm rambling on and on so I'll quit. Please take a stand against this crap during our next election if you do nothing else.

Sad times.