Sign in to follow this  

First truck.

I think you'll destroy a 30 thousand dollar truck.. possibly kill yourself in the process... if that truck is really making that power.. then it GOES.. and lifts plus GOING plus "first truck" is a horrible combination.. but its your money so go for it... It hard to take you serious when you spell "you" like "U":bonk:

• Like 2

Do "U" think you need a late model cummins lifted with stacked programmers and no transmission mods? Cause "I" can assure you that is too much for a first truck. If you want a diesel, buy an older stock cummins, or powerstroke, or early model duramax. Then you can modify it as you go, when you decide what you really need.

Well i have always ended up getting something underpowered whenever i get something, for example i got a 250f when i was 12 because nothing else filled my want for power. I just don't want to get a truck and it end up not having enough power. I will also be hauling my dads tractors.

I wouldent want that kind of lift for towing..... Someone on TT has a white Dodge 2500 diesel 2wd. It is a great truck making GREAT power, especially for towing and seems like a better "first truck" to me. I think his username name is Claycan.

Reliable, cheap to maintain and you can work on it yourself and learn along the way.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Well i have always ended up getting something underpowered whenever i get something, for example i got a 250f when i was 12 because nothing else filled my want for power. I just don't want to get a truck and it end up not having enough power. I will also be hauling my dads tractors.

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT get that truck if youre going to be hauling anything serious, especially tractors (assuming you mean tractors not lawn mowers) get a stock diesel truck and buy a gooseneck for that, plenty of power

you WILL crash it, it happens to everyone. like others have said, lift kits ruin towing abilitys

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab, Black, Diesel ,6 speed, SLT, 34,000 miles. 6in lift, 37in Nitto Mudd Grappler tires, 20in Driv wheels, Stacked programmers(TST+MP8) Automatic hidden sidesteps, fender flares, bedliner, afe cold air induction, exhaust, Cd player, power seats, mirrors, windows.Trucks with less mods dyno over 500hp, I drive it around on stock settings. Over 15k invested. 34,000

Yea sure! :cheers:

...cause everybody that installs a cold air intake, exhaust, and stacks programmers drives it around on the stock settings. :moon:

He'd sell the truck easier if he pulled those things off of there, I'd never buy a truck with a programmer already installed.

I guess i will just end up getting a new cummings but stock and add on whatever i think i need.

thats what I'd do, but I'd get a Ford :moon:

i don't believe it has 500hp and 1000ftlbs with programmers .

if so , the nv5600 sucks . buy an 06 for a manual and get the Mercedes unit . with ether one the stock clutch won't hold up.

those nitto's sounds like a helicopter taking off , they will disintegrate on a diesel . especially towing .

why doesn't your dad tow his own tractor's ?

you won't know what to do with the power that truck doesn't have . besides any stock modern diesel will pull any tractor you can put on it that doesn't put the unit overweight with its hands tied behind its back .

back in the 70's and 80's logging trucks had 300hp . you don't need 500 hp , the last semi truck i drove didn't even have 500 hp .

It sounds like you should just spring for a gas truck. You went from towing "Tractors", to towing a small tractor. And its Cummins, not Cummings.

and yes i ment a 45 hp tractor.

garden tractor :cheers: We have had the tractor in my avatar on the back of a f-350 dually with a gooseneck. Now when youre haulin an IH 1586 with a pickup, youre haulin a tractor :moon:

Well by adding the TST and MP8 your warranty is out for the powertrain because the dealers scanner will pick it up. There is also a decent chance that one of the injectors is already cracked or will be because the MP8 adds a lot of rail pressure. $450 per injector sucks to replace. Also interesting that he never mentioned gauges. Theres a good chance that hes been smoking around town at 1600* EGTs and melting piston tops and damaging the turbo because the TST and MP8 fuel so hot. The clutch is probably shot too because stock they will not hold more than 75 extra hp. I own a CTD thats why I am telling you not to buy this truck. If you really have to have a diesel, look for a nice 94-98 12 valve CTD or pre-2004 7.3 pstroke. Both will cost you much less in the long run.

Well my dad only has a dodge 1500 and does not pull it easily at all, what about one like this? And sorry for my lack of knowledge about diesels, im learning, atleast i know not to get a 6.0 powerstroke haha.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-2500-QUADCAB-BLUETECH-6-7L-DIESEL-4WD-BIG-HORN-6SP_W0QQitemZ220528930483QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item33588c6eb3#ht_27924wt_780

well would it would just to tow a tractor like maybe every 4 months or so?
and yes i ment a 45 hp tractor.

+1 on staying away from lifted modded diesels for towing/reliability use.

There's a reason why semi's aren't lifted....the higher the vehicle, the higher the center of gravity, and the less stable it becomes. Now toss a load behind it, and things get even worse.

Well my dad only has a dodge 1500 and does not pull it easily at all, what about one like this? And sorry for my lack of knowledge about diesels, im learning, atleast i know not to get a 6.0 powerstroke haha.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-2500-QUADCAB-BLUETECH-6-7L-DIESEL-4WD-BIG-HORN-6SP_W0QQitemZ220528930483QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item33588c6eb3#ht_27924wt_780

IMHO, try to avoid the 6.7 in favor of a 5.9. The 6.7's are emissions motors, which means they are equipped with all kinds of fun crap to go wrong and reduce fuel economy.

If a Cummins is your poison, get the 5.9.