Sign in to follow this  

Difference in springs-GG

Ok, have been reading some of the posts and then looked at my 05 GG and my wife's 07 GG (same models) and notice that mine has a yellow rear spring and hers has a black one.. have not been able to find anything in the archives that explains if the difference is in the weight rating or simply a year change? Have not ridden the bikes enough to notice a difference yet, but am now curious... :cheers: Would one of you :moon: types please let me know the difference?

just a year range bling stuff as well as improvements,what i do is push down on the seat you want the front and rear suspension to compress at the same time then your dialed!simple yadayada bottabing simple blahblahblah..... also when your on the bike and you cant bottom out with force your good

just a year range bling stuff as well as improvements,what i do is push down on the seat you want the front and rear suspension to compress at the same time then your dialed!simple yadayada bottabing simple blahblahblah..... also when your on the bike and you cant bottom out with force your good

That's nice to know. The front and rear do compress the same and I have not bottomed it out while riding, Yet. But then again I have not tried very hard either. :moon:

then your good roger rabbit! im a motorhead myself ,but ive learned to fix what needs to be fixed and maintain to keep it that way.for example...you hear these guys that are novice,sportsman,or intermediate wanting to jet their carbs and buy these expensive things and all this crap thinking that its going to help their riding or whatever makes me laugh,because only an expert or master level rider can really tell if something is wrong and they sure as hell wouldnt post it.my bike runs fine and works fine and until im going up 12 foot steps and shit then ill worry.keep it real and ride!

You should be able to bottom out the bike with a good bend of the knees, if not, it's to stiff.

I think that would be too soft for me. I dont like to be able to bottom the bike out on flat ground as i know I will be hitting alot harder when im jumping off or on stuff. I dont think there is any "right" answer here - unless your bottoming hard in sections.

You should be able to bottom out the bike with a good bend of the knees, if not, it's to stiff.

Well I might get to that point next summer, but riding on packed snow I tend to not push things too hard. :moon: I can tell I need to read up on how to make adjustments before next summer though. Thanks for the heads up.

The word I've always heard is that you SHOULD be able to barely bottom it out when you jump on it as hard as you can on flat ground. If not, you might not have enough sag in the suspension to allow the wheels to drop as well as compress... It should be set up more like a 4x4 vehicle (where articulation is important) and less like a moto-cross suspension

The word I've always heard is that you SHOULD be able to barely bottom it out when you jump on it as hard as you can on flat ground. If not, you might not have enough sag in the suspension to allow the wheels to drop as well as compress... It should be set up more like a 4x4 vehicle (where articulation is important) and less like a moto-cross suspension

I say tune it for what and how you ride. As hard is you can gets you alot closer to my prefered set up than a good knee bend - maybe just semantics here. Optimizing trade offs is what is about for me. But im a much better engineer than rider, so take it FWIW.