Sign in to follow this  

Case of Yamalube...

Got a friend with a few cases of 12 32oz bottles of Yamalube. I think that comes out to about 3 gallons. Thinking about getting them for 50 bucks a case. Is that too much? A good deal??? I've never bought Yamalube before but I'm sure someone on here could help me out.

thanks!

You did not mention what type of oil it is. I buy the gallon size bottle of 10w-40 for around $15 at my local yamaha dealership.

I think that it was about between 10-12 bucks a quart the last time that I looked (I could be confused, but I know that four dollars is a deal!). I have been buying either that or honda HP2, and that stuff is about 7 bucks a pint......Oh to work at a motorcycle dealership again.....oh wait, I get paid more now!

Thanks guys! Sounds like its a pretty good deal. Right now I run 40 a gallon Klotz Benol 100% castor and about to buy a couple more gallons. The only thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger on the yamalube is losing the added protection of castor and the smell. Decisions....

Well this is the 2t section... so 2R. haha:busted:

Fair enough, though I do use 10w-40 and 2R yamalube in my old bike:thumbsup: Now that deal for the 2R does sound good, but how fast will you use it, I have a weird thing about using oil that has sat around for a while.

P1000022.jpg

Haha is that what they used for premix back then? I ride twice a week usually, maybe 3 hours of actual run time per session. I might pick up 2 cases for 80 bucks so that should be last me quite a while. If Harrpef can run crappy 10 dollar a gallon outboard oil then I should be fine running this stuff.

Fair enough, though I do use 10w-40 and 2R yamalube in my old bike:thumbsup: Now that deal for the 2R does sound good, but how fast will you use it, I have a weird thing about using oil that has sat around for a while.

P1000022.jpg

Nice bike. :moon:

• Like 1

I'd say run it, that's a deal and it's a good premix. Smells pretty bad when it burns from what I hear, but that's not my problem. :moon:

P1000022.jpg

My first bike when I was a kid!!!

What make model?

is it the 89cc?

My first bike when I was a kid!!!

What make model?

is it the 89cc?

My bike is a 71 RT1-B 360

I think the one you're talking about is the HT1-B 90, that must have had been a blast to have as a kid! I started on a trail 90:ride:

My bike is a 71 RT1-B 360

I think the one you're talking about is the HT1-B 90, that must have had been a blast to have as a kid! I started on a trail 90:ride:

Yep that was it!!!

Now I finally know what model it was. THere's one on Ebay for 1200$ lol, I sold mine for 100$...

Mine was in pretty shotty shape, throttle response was terrible cause the carb was gunked up with all kinds of crap.

Thanks for the info, I had alot of fun on that thing. Love to get another one

• Like 1

P1000022.jpg

Awesome bike!!!:moon:

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I'm pretty much sold on the Yamalube and it should save me close to 80 bucks over the next few months. Does it really smell that bad?

Smell? What smell? Guess I haven't been hangin with the sweet smelling crowd and don't know any different.

I bought a case of yamalube 2r also and it's been good for me although I've battled spooge with it while using it with the spark arrester . I had to go pretty lean on the jetting to keep it under control as well as retarding the timing and the rb head mod. I've wanted to go to a lower flash point oil, but am concerned about lubrication. Only time I've fouled a plug on my 2003 yz250 was when I was too rich on the main.

I'm no expert on premix, just heard several sources say the 2r is a decent premix.