Sign in to follow this  

1995-'97 CR125 Suspension Interchangeability?

Hey guys, I couldn't find an answer for this so I just decided to make a new thread. I am looking at getting an older Honda 125 and was wondering if the shock and forks from the late model CR125's are interchangeable with a 1995-1997? If so, from which bike/year do I want to get it from? Also, are there any big differences between the '95 and '97 bikes that would make me want to buy one more than the others? Thanks

95/96 bikes have 43mm forks, 97 has 46mm forks. So any model the with same should fit. Not sure for shocks if they changed length or not.

I would be picking the best condition out of the 95/97 bikes or getting the cheapest and rebuilding.

95/96 bikes have 43mm forks, 97 has 46mm forks. So any model the with same should fit. Not sure for shocks if they changed length or not.

I would be picking the best condition out of the 95/97 bikes or getting the cheapest and rebuilding.

Alright, thanks for the help. Are the motors from those years all about the same? What's supposedly better about those years than all of the other years? You're the one that was doing a complete rebuild to a '97 cr125, right? Did you happen to finish it?

Not sure if there better or worse then others. Motors are very similar.

I was hoping it would be complete this weekend but had to work yesterday. I have 12 bikes so it's hard to juggle riding, cleaning, maintenance, rebuilding and don't forget working to pay for these things.

So probably next Sunday I should be riding it, then I'll update the thread.

Not sure if there better or worse then others. Motors are very similar.

I was hoping it would be complete this weekend but had to work yesterday. I have 12 bikes so it's hard to juggle riding, cleaning, maintenance, rebuilding and don't forget working to pay for these things.

So probably next Sunday I should be riding it, then I'll update the thread.

Yeah, well good luck with that.:moon: Hopefully I can find one this winter.:cheers:

Wish we had a winter.

Ahh, yeah there's snow here and everything. I think I'm gonna go for a trail ride this week... We're working on getting heat in our garage so we can work on bikes and cars like this.

Lucky, never seen snow. My shed a couple of weeks ago was 108 degrees inside, flat out breathing in there. Talk about different extremes in weather lol.

Lucky, never seen snow. My shed a couple of weeks ago was 108 degrees inside, flat out breathing in there. Talk about different extremes in weather lol.

Haha, I wouldn't say lucky. I happen to hate cold weather. Snow isn't that bad for a little while, but when it's below freezing for four-five months out of the year it gets old real quick.