Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket parts. A solution?

This month i had to replace some parts on my YZ450 08. Like i always do i went to my local Yamaha dealer to buy the parts. I had to replace the front brake hose, the front fender and two levers brake/clutch. I asked for the front brake hose first. The dealer told me that the hose costs 110euro...! I thought he was joking and i laughed. I said: ''Come on man it's just a hose are you serious''? He looked at me seriously and said ''yeah that's the price'' After the shock i asked the prices for the other parts just to see how much i would pay for everything. Well the total cost was 270euros! I thanked him and i left without buying anything. The same night i did a search on the internet in some motocross apparell companies just to find the parts and compare prices. I found a Venhill front brake hose, Sunline brake/clutch lever and Polisport front fender with a total cost of 115euros. Of course i made that order without second thought but why are the stock parts so expensive while the aftermarket parts are a lot better in quality and price? Are aftermarket parts the solution?:moon:

Oe parts usually cost more than aftermarket as well. Thankfully I'm blessed to have dealers that treat me well here.

Motosport.com and Rockymountainmc.com both carry oem parts.

I'm pretty sure that rockymountainatv doesn't carry OEM parts.

Your right; no O.E.M. parts at Rocky Mt.

+1 true but they are the best

not always, if I was givin a choice between stock levers and some ASV's, Id pick the asv, If I was givin the choice between stock piston and wiseco, Id choose wiseco, stock isnt always the ""BEST"" but thats just my opinion.