Sign in to follow this  

How much should I pay?

Hello guys!

I found a 2008, 300XC for sale. The bike has FMF system, skid plate, carbon fiber pipe cover and handguards. The guys wants $4000. How's that: good, bad, fair?

Thank you.

Adrian.

Dang, here in WA KTM prices are so much higher. You guys are lucky. For 4 grand we could probably pick up an 06.

Right now on cl there is

07 300w for 5K

08 200w for 5K

Not alot of KTM smokers around here.

Dang, here in WA KTM prices are so much higher. You guys are lucky. For 4 grand we could probably pick up an 06.

Right now on cl there is

07 300w for 5K

08 200w for 5K

I know where to list my bike when it's time. :moon:

Hello!

I don't know exactly how many hours, but I know that the guy replaced the piston and rings. The bike was not abused.

Thank you all for all inputs.

I know where to list my bike when it's time. :moon:

If/when I ever buy another one it might be from the east coast. I was thinking about having someone knowlegdable and trustworthy to look at stuff I find on CL. I have a good friend in FL (who knows nothing about dirtbikes) who could pick it up and ship to to me. Would probably be cheaper in the long run. I got mine in 08, its an 04 and I paid 3400 for it, it was a steal.

Right now on cl there is

07 300w for 5K

08 200w for 5K

holy cow, remind me of that when I go to sell my 09 300. I got it back in September w/ 74 miles on it with some goodies for $5,800.

If/when I ever buy another one it might be from the east coast. I was thinking about having someone knowlegdable and trustworthy to look at stuff I find on CL. I have a good friend in FL (who knows nothing about dirtbikes) who could pick it up and ship to to me. Would probably be cheaper in the long run. I got mine in 08, its an 04 and I paid 3400 for it, it was a steal.

let me know DB, if I'm still around, I will help ya out, as long as it's reasonably close.

bikes here are much cheaper. a friend bought an 08 200 with 15 hours on it almost a year ago for just a tad over $4K. The 300's always bring more money, though.

To the OP, just check for play in the wheel bearings, swingarm bearings, shock mount, frame and case wear, etc. post some pics of it if you can.