Sign in to follow this  

what do you guys think of this muffler

It's probably a good muffler and I would consider it. Vance & Hines has a good reputation among the streetbike crowd. I'm POed that they bought and, for the most part, dissolved White Bros, though.

Its nothing more than a white brothers pipe with the new name on it since Vance and Hines's parent company bought them out. From my friends in the industry I have been told they are really screwing over the white brothers side only to shut them down completely. So servicability sucks at this point and will probably be worse in the future. I have a Big Gun on my XR650L and love it. Even with the quiet core out its not obnoxioulsy loud at all. My Raptor is way louder with a trinity racing exahust. FMF make good exahust systems as well or even a super trapp. All are about the same amount of money. My opinion is go with the Big Gun. They are put together a bit better than FMF, but either will work great.

Not much..Nice sticker. Still reckon you can't beat a CRF 250/450 Stainless Steel Muffler adapted to suit.

Not much..Nice sticker. Still reckon you can't beat a CRF 250/450 Stainless Steel Muffler adapted to suit.

Do tell...

M.

V&H did take over the WBs exhaust when WBs business failed. They were not happy with the quality of the exhaust so they spend 6 months or more redesigning the pipes. The outer shell is all that is the same now. Now they should produce more power than before with less noise.

Dwight

It's probably a good muffler and I would consider it. Vance & Hines has a good reputation among the streetbike crowd. I'm POed that they bought and, for the most part, dissolved White Bros, though.

+2 What a rip.

What would it take to provide a little info if nothing else?

Oh wait, they did give a little info, as little as possible :moon:

None of the pipes produce much more power, 3 or 4 HP.

That's about a 10% gain (or more) for a stock XR-L!