Sign in to follow this  

Where Are The 2010's

The current Cycle News has a 250f shootout and the RMZ came out on top. Haven't heard much on the RMZ450 being compared to the rest, but by itself it sounds like a very good bike.

As far as "where are they?" all of the OEM's not just Suzuki are delaying the release of the 2010's to reduce inventory. Even Yamaha is holding back on the 2010 YZ250 2 stroke even though it's only getting new stickers for 2010.

That's good news for the 250, but what about the 450? I know all the OEM's are delaying release dates a little for inventory purposes, but Suzuki hasn't even made them available to the mags (as far as I know) for testing. How can they possibly screw up the release date three years in a row?

seems to me that suzuki and honda got caught with the most leftover inventory. the crf450 won't be available in the us until february and the rmz450 will be even later than that.

seems to me that suzuki and honda got caught with the most leftover inventory. the crf450 won't be available in the us until february and the rmz450 will be even later than that.

I just don't understand completly on how this will help them. There are always going to be the same people that buy a new bike every year and I think they are going to jump ship if they have to wait too long for them to be released.

A high inventory will lead to lower prices on the older model. If you happen to be a guy that only buys a bike every so often (not every year) and you like Yamaha's but cannot handle the $8,000 price of a new 450f, but see that Honda and Suzuki are both selling last year's 450's for under $6,000 ~ well why not buy one of them?

This is how inventory gets reduced.

A high inventory will lead to lower prices on the older model. If you happen to be a guy that only buys a bike every so often (not every year) and you like Yamaha's but cannot handle the $8,000 price of a new 450f, but see that Honda and Suzuki are both selling last year's 450's for under $6,000 ~ well why not buy one of them?

This is how inventory gets reduced.

I agree but my way of thinking would be do the same but release some of the newer model.

That is how in a perfect situation the inventory strategy would be but with the economic state and inventory levels dealers are under of non currents, the only way to get rid of the older bikes is to hold out on new releases... Only thing that is wierd with this is that there is no changes to the 2010 that they publish or is it a cover up?

As for delivery date im hearing febuary for US and Canada...