Sign in to follow this  

Show us your......heated grip setup

I got everything I need to install grip heaters on my 650. I am having a bit of a problem deciding where to mount the switch. So lets see what you all have done. I need some examples to get the ideas flowing.

Thanks

bit too late to throw up a pic but mine is a small switch block. It's about an inch tall - or a bit bigger than the distance between the stock bars and crossbrace (yes I still have stock bars). That allows it sit snugly anywhere along the middle section of the bars. Then I just took 2 zip ties and strapped it down nice and tight so it can't move

I put my switch in the right side gusset of the headlight plastic.

Put down a layer of tape to insulate the left hand heating element from the handlebar.

Yokomo

Could I get some information on the mirror you have, looking for something other that the ugly stock ones, tired of looking at my elbow. Like the opening under arm past leg. Better protection of the mirror as well from brush and branches.

Alan

1 bike came with the msr (I think) and 1 came with the acerbis. They're the $15 ones that stick up and are worthless because of wind. But mounted like this they don't really get buffeted just the normal shakes from a thumper. I can see out of them great unless I'm wearing a big warm coat. The msr one is better because it mounts with nuts instead of screwing directly into the plastic. Oh and I used Shoe Goo on ball when I got it where I wanted. Keeps it from pivoting too easily.

I have a set of Hot Grips with a variable heat controller. The control is mounted on a bracket I built that bolts to the back of the speedo. A simple on/off switch could be mounted there as well.

DR-Hotgrips.jpg

I have a set of Hot Grips with a variable heat controller. The control is mounted on a bracket I built that bolts to the back of the speedo. A simple on/off switch could be mounted there as well.

DR-Hotgrips.jpg

just curious whats sticking out of your gas cap? is it something that adjust venting?

just curious whats sticking out of your gas cap? is it something that adjust venting?

It's a vent with a one-way valve. With that, I don't have to run a vent hose from the cap on my Clark tank into the steering stem .

Made a dash to fit on shelf on the back of cowl, room for a couple more switches.

misc004.jpg