For the Die-Hard Yamaha Fans

cool. that thing sounded like a banshee on steroids . impressive.
You're closer than you think. A Banshee is based closely on the TZ350 road race engine. The TZ700 was basically two TZ350's butted together and connected to the same trans. It was, frankly so unrideable that the TZ750, which was developed from it, was de-tuned considerably.

I rode a road race version of the TZ750 once, briefly, and the intensity of the power output of the engine is beyond description in any words that occur to me now. At a time in my life when I raced on mile tracks with an AMA pro license, the bike was literally frightening. And one hell of a rush.

I was there at the Indy mile in '75, in the in-field, a couple hundred yards from the finish line, and I can tell you this brought back memories of one of the coolest experiences of my life. Kenny was, is, and always will be one of the baddest dudes to throw a leg over a motorcycle.

You're closer than you think. A Banshee is based closely on the TZ350 road race engine. The TZ700 was basically two TZ350's butted together and connected to the same trans. It was, frankly so unrideable that the TZ750, which was developed from it, was de-tuned considerably.

I rode a road race version of the TZ750 once, briefly, and the intensity of the power output of the engine is beyond description in any words that occur to me now. At a time in my life when I raced on mile tracks with an AMA pro license, the bike was literally frightening. And one hell of a rush.

The 750 was a 4cyl correct?

Wasn't the banshee based off the RZ350 twin?

I know of someone who has a 4 cylinder 2 stroke Suzuki quad. I cant recall what the name of the bike was the motor came from though but it was a road bike engine as well.

Amazing video.

The 750 was a 4cyl correct?

Wasn't the banshee based off the RZ350 twin?

I know of someone who has a 4 cylinder 2 stroke Suzuki quad. I cant recall what the name of the bike was the motor came from though but it was a road bike engine as well.

The RZ350 was based on the TZ350.

Suzuki made a water cooled 750 3 cylinder two-stroke, but not a 4 that I know of. They also had a prototype 750 twin, but dropped it pre-production partly because, in the words of someone from Suzuki, "It sounds like a drowning rhinoceros."

...talk about having a hard time putting that power to the ground.
Like target shooting with an 8 gauge.

• 2 weeks later...