Sign in to follow this  

If you could live anywhere..

I know that many people who visit these forums, and read the stories of other riders' adventures, often imagine what it would be like to pull stakes and move to where riding couldn't get any better. I pose this question......knowing that those people who live in this riding Mecca, would do anything to keep their secret from the world and their sacred riding spots to themselves. But..........if you could live anywhere, where you could ride out of your yard....to hundreds of miles of non-endangered trails....where the climate affords you year-round riding opportunities.....the economy well grounded and airports within an hour's travel.......a place that if given an opportunity today, you would pack-up and head for it without hesitation.

Where would this be?

Derik

i would stay on vancouver island where i am. riding all year long, and it's an outdoor playground.

it is a little expenve here, ranked the 3rd most expensive place in canada. but if ya want ot play ya got to pay right? just a bit of a pain to have to take a ferry to get off.LOL

the tracks are rocky, but there are 5 of them here. and endless trails.

I would stay here in Utah till the snow flys and be like the blue hairs and move to Zonaland(arizona).I can start my dirt bike and head in any direction from where i live!

cool thread.

in canada i would def move out to BC for basically the same reasons JayN described.

in the US i would probably move to scottsdale (simply cause I love the place) but would want to be close to trails/tracks. I'd be in driving distance from socal, utah, new mexico... seems like an awesome place to be!

I'd move to another lovely planet where there are no stupid hippies/tree huggers/idiots, start a government that bans said hippies/tree hugger/idiot types, and populate my planet with motorcycle riders, construction workers, engineers, conservative teachers, and good farmers.

Then commence building motocross tracks and trail systems and have the best moto-paradise in the universe.

:moon::cheers::smirk: :smirk:

• Like 1

j-rod....."build it and we shall come..."

so cal is great for the year round, and the terrain variations in short drive distance and major accumulations of track within a short distance is wonderful.... now if we could get rid of the tree huggers and restrictive laws..not sure where else?? sedona arizona??

I like my Az riding and if it weren't for the 118 degree summer heat and 1 hour transit to riding areas from where I live; it might be one of the more ideal places to live. I might have to look at higher elevation places in Arizona......I love the PNW and grew up in Northern Cal and loved the riding there, its just too left wing for me now and it's too wet.

BC is beautiful and certainly has killer riding opportunities....the climate (like Az) can be limiting at times....maybe areas in Utah or Idaho have riding heaven within their borders.

Where I live in BC I have countless trails I can ride right from my door, a huge variety of terrain in close proximity, and a MX track 15min away.

But I can't ride 4-5 months a year because of snow.

But that's alright, that's when the snowmobile and skis come out :moon: